• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hummus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummus

Shop bought or make your own? Is there much of a cost saving or better quality to make your own?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Now that I can get tahini paste easily I tend to make it more often than I buy from the supermarket.

Try variations like adding olives, peppers, chilli or anything you might like.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Now that I can get tahini paste easily I tend to make it more often than I buy from the supermarket.

Try variations like adding olives, peppers, chilli or anything you might like.
      Blimey, where do you live the Outer Hebrides?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        The local supermarkets tend to stock what the locals buy more of. Oven chips by the ton of course and being Scotland anything that could be fried.

More choice now so I don't have to travel to the trendy west end of Glasgow to get exotic foodstuffs anymore.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Blimey mate, where do you live if you think tahini's always been easy to get?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Blimey mate, where do you live if you think tahini's always been easy to get?
            Asda Wigmore Lane, Luton has stocked it for aaaaaaaaaages. You can't get celeriac though.

Comment

Never eaten hummus and probably won't start

Comment

Did not even know what tahini paste was unti I googled it there.

Comment

Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys do not put tahini in their hummus, it is rubbish. Waitrose do and I concider it by far to be the best.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Asda Wigmore Lane, Luton has stocked it for aaaaaaaaaages. You can't get celeriac though.
                    Luton. Not typical of the country as a whole, I should think. I looked up the 2001 census: 34% of Luton population not white. 20% not born in UK. I should think you'd be able to get durians, bush meat, cuy, all kinds of stuff there.

If even Luton doesn't have celeriac, who needs it?

Comment

Working...
                    X