• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idea posted in anothed topic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea posted in anothed topic

A website was proposed in another topic that would link contractos and clients together, but would charge for a client to register, I would be very interested in hearing other thoughts taking into account my thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You state that a client must PAY to register, wouldn't it better if these clients could post jobs when they have them without charge. This would appeal to smaller clients, and also ones who have tremendous problems getting the accounts department to authorise payments. Adding another payment to looking for a contactor has in my experience stopped companies from deciding on a contractor and going for direct newspaper adverts for a PERMY.

We all want to make money, but I see that the approach of charging the people we want to get to employ us (considering we cost enough already) is a bit 'silly'

In addition

I am 'slowly' developing a website along these lines, (a bit of help might be in order, as I am a applications devloper, not a web developer).
    It might be an option for someone who has bought these client lists to post a message to ALL on this list to poiint them to this web site a thus helping everybody, not just the one.
    Please e-mail me if you want to know more : [email protected]

Viable?

I can see you are trying to steal my thunder on this one. The answer is that clients already pay for contractors and agencies and keep paying through extortionate agency rates. Paying a one-off fee is simple when you know that is all you pay and get the best staff possible. Clients choose contractors when they do not want to hire permies with the expenses entailed e.g. sickness, pernsions etc. and need to complete a short term project. When clients have already resolved to hiring new staff, they already commit to the expense that this involves regardless of client size. The smaller the cost and the greater value in it the better and that's where I come in. What income do you propose just to keep the site running and staffed? Regardless, I need a web designer who can work with a database back end and anyone else who can feel they can contribute their time - no money needed to invest in this, just your time and vision to see this through. Come on dfieldsend, get your e-mail to me if you want to see this through:
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X