• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who bottled it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who bottled it?

Got a nice load of Santandershares at £7.82 this morning. It's great when everyone bottles it...

Jeebo.... loves the credit crunch!

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Got a nice load of Santandershares at £7.82 this morning. It's great when everyone bottles it...

Jeebo.... loves the credit crunch!
    Sometimes there's a good reason for bottling it ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Whats the current price?

edit : £808.50, seems like a good call at the mo.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 28 April 2010, 15:30.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

He he. Jeebo's trying to show he's a Big Swinging Dick, but only succeeds in showing he's a knob.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I think your right, I am sure the Spanish builders would not be willing or be able to repay their very large loans.

I far as I know no one in Spain is prepared to look at the current value of the land banks these loans were acquired with. It only need one bit of bad luck somewhere to bring this house of cards down. So far they have been lucky and everyone is holding their breath. It could take 5 - 8 years for the market to recover, will they stay lucky that long
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He he. Jeebo's trying to show he's a Big Swinging Dick, but only succeeds in showing he's a knob.

"wit" you say? As always you're up there with the best.

Sold earlier today at 8.19 ... think they are on the way back down ... phew.

Comment

The interesting thing about Santander was that they were offering 6.7% interest just around the time that Iceland took a nosedive. If I remember correctly that was for funds locked up for 3 years, but I might not be too keen on them when that period is up and they have to pay out.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Standard & Poor's has downgraded Spain one notch from AA+ to AA, pointing to a slower than expected growth rate.

"Spain is likely to have an extended period of subdued economic growth, which weakens its budgetary position," S&P says.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  Whats the current price?

edit : £808.50, seems like a good call at the mo.
                  £8.08

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    I think your right, I am sure the Spanish builders would not be willing or be able to repay their very large loans.

I far as I know no one in Spain is prepared to look at the current value of the land banks these loans were acquired with. It only need one bit of bad luck somewhere to bring this house of cards down. So far they have been lucky and everyone is holding their breath. It could take 5 - 8 years for the market to recover, will they stay lucky that long
                    El Tel wants to invest £430 million there!
                    Spanish sports complex

Santander must be sound surely? They've been making a steady 8-9 billion a year, at a time when British banks have had to be bailed out for the sum of 100s of billions. If there is anything wrong, it will be for an international reason (as Santander has invested in many different countries) ?
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X