• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

hit another all time high against GBP today. The trick will be timing when to sell it, but that doesn't look like anytime soon.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 28 April 2010, 18:34.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    hit another all time high against GDP today.
    Whose GDP? Turkey's?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Whose GDP? Turkey's?
      Thanks for the correction

Comment

Something's up - gold is rising sharply again this morning. Another new record broken.

n.b. The forum search facility seems worse than before, totally broken now I think. After trying for several minutes searching to find this thread using the search tool I eventually gave up and looked through the list of threads manually.

Comment

Something's up - gold is rising sharply again this morning. Another new record broken.

n.b. The forum search facility seems worse than before, totally broken now I think. After trying for several minutes searching to find this thread using the search tool I eventually gave up and looked through the list of threads manually.
          Stick it in the bugs list then...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Flight from the euro-drachma?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Flight from the euro-drachma?
              Good theory - the Euro is about the only currency Sterling is up against this morning.

Comment

I hope AtW sold his Euro's.

Comment

I hope AtW sold his Euro's.

Comment

Good theory - the Euro is about the only currency Sterling is up against this morning.
                    You know, I'm a sort of critical pro-EU, cosmopolitan type of chap, but I wasn't happy when Greece was allowed into the Euro, and I'm pretty pissed off now. The bulk of this bail out will come from German and Dutch taxpayers, who've already bailed out the banks and now find our governments lending about 2500 euros for every taxpayer to a government that has never had any fiscal discipline and as far as I can see is never going to have any and probably won't pay us back. I understand that it has to be done, but FFS, the EU must NEVER AGAIN allow a country into the Euro that hasn't demonstrated iron fiscal discipline for at least 20 years. This could throw every economy in western Europe into chaos.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X