• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freelance informer cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freelance informer cover

Anyone got a stash of Freelance Informer's mouldering in attic or suchlike? I'm doing a presentation about working in IT to a bunch of college kids, and I want to use the cartoon of a bunch of guys licking a tree, with the caption "Some people would say anything to say they've got SAP experience". It was circa 1996, IIRC.

(I'm hoping to put the kids off. I don't need the competition ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    (I'm hoping to put the kids off. I don't need the competition ).
    Too right!, tell them that MacD/BK/KFC is a better option.

Just don't show them your bank statement. :-)

Sorry can't help you with Freelance Informer request.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Tell them if they like computers then study law or accountancy. That's where the money is: just look at Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Are they not on some net archive somewhere?

I through all mine out last century, sorry.

Comment

I've searched, but cannot find them.

Comment

You might just get lucky searching here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...nformer.co.uk/

Comment

when I first started contracting I took out freelancer cover to protect from investigations but these days I am happy to work within the law and use tax efficient methods of saving money while I stay within the law. The net result of this is that I no longer have to pay for freelancer cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Swati View Post
                when I first started contracting I took out freelancer cover to protect from investigations but these days I am happy to work within the law and use tax efficient methods of saving money while I stay within the law. The net result of this is that I no longer have to pay for freelancer cover.
                Very nice.

Not on topic, but very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  You might just get lucky searching here: Internet Archive Wayback Machine
                  An excellent idea. But I suspect the date is too early for that.

Originally posted by Swati View Post
                  From my experience on a global forum, with a large number of ex-colonials, I have to say that this comment has a definite ring of veracity to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    An excellent idea. But I suspect the date is too early for that.

From my experience on a global forum, with a large number of ex-colonials, I have to say that this comment has a definite ring of veracity to it.
                    Is Swati one of your sockpuppets?

Comment

Working...
                    X