• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Footy Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Footy Thread

Well with the world cup coming up and the chance of an all english europa league final we should really start waffling rubbish about the beautiful game.

So who reckons both Fulham and Liverpool will get through tonight and anyone betting on England for the World Cup?

Or is there absolutlely no interest on footy on this forum?

It’s a funny old game you know. Game of two halves.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by original pm View Post
      well with the world cup coming up and the chance of an all english europa league final we should really start waffling rubbish about the beautiful game.

So who reckons both fulham and gerrard and ten ordinary blokes will get through tonight and anyone betting on england for the world cup?

ftfy

Comment

I'm quite surprised not much of the media has picked up on Barcleona's disallowed goal - why was this disallowed?

Handball by Toure? The guy wacked the ball at him! Next time Maureen wants to whine on about Luis Garcia's supposed "ghost goal" he should remember last night - what goes around comes around. Goal should have stood and Inter should not be going through.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Erm, good thread. England will get to 1/4 finals then meet a better team and get knocked out, or fluke it to the semis - then get knocked out. In the games tonight there will be two goals; one at either end.

Thanks for reading this far.

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 29 April 2010, 13:17.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Well with the world cup coming up and the chance of an all english europa league final we should really start waffling rubbish about the beautiful game.

So who reckons both Fulham and Liverpool will get through tonight and anyone betting on England for the World Cup?

I'm hope that there will be an all english uefa cup final, but I have a feeling one will fall by the way side tonight.
          Platini will be praying that neither team gets to the final.

Liverpool are struggling to find a fit striker for the game tonight, wonder if we can have an emergency loan deal like City ?

Comment

Doggy how dare you even suggest that Lucas is ordinary

Comment

You forgot the mightly Glasgow Rangers winning the league ... now I'm sure that will start a discussion ...

Comment

Oh yes there is - only that I foolishly follow Hull City...

...so bring on the world cup....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  You forgot the mightly Glasgow Rangers winning the league ... now I'm sure that will start a discussion ...
                  Yeah............in the financial section.........under HMRC investigations!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Got this off a Grimsby Town footyfan site, bear in mind Grimsby Town are about to fall off the bottom of the Football Coupon....

Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twát of a
                    football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s
                    time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re fúcked. Down. Goners.
                    Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s
                    not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely
                    deflated. Absolutely fúcking devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to
                    just fúck off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this
                    whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything
                    I want to fúck off most of all.

For starters, work can fúck off. If they think I’m going to be there
                    on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going
                    in to spend time dealing with cúnts that I can barely stand being with
                    when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger,
                    frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bóllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can fúck off. I just spoke to my
                    Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to
                    Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what
                    he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a
                    trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely fúck off. Her best attempt at
                    consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were
                    shít anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shít team. They’ve been MINE
                    for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own árse, and
                    they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no
                    longer able to wipe my own árse). Truth is, watching my team win does
                    things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny,
                    I can always have a wánk.

Barrow can fúck off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to
                    watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any
                    town which makes Scunthorpe look like fúcking St. Tropez.

Dad, you can fúck off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced
                    me to this shower of shít. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said,
                    “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was fúcking four, what
                    choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at
                    it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at
                    British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being
                    simultaneously búggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt
                    like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can fúck off.
                    No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying,
                    goggle-eyed cúnt.

The F.A. can fúck off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with
                    inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial
                    rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have
                    been into administration this season? Not one. How many points
                    deducted? Not one. How the fúck else are we supposed to avoid
                    relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why
                    spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can fúck off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can fúck off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an
                    hour ago, and where the fúck is it? Are they trying to fúcking fly it
                    to me or something?

Sky Sports can fúck off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need
                    for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton
                    versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can fúck off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving
                    down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing
                    ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fúcking time. The song’s the best
                    part of a year old, how the fúck does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fúck
                    off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be
                    in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cúnt, not the
                    one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fúck’s sake, Ebbsfleet,
                    wherever that is.

Tonight can fúck off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my
                    emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in
                    the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and
                    the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue
                    mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can fúck off. In that time I’ve
                    watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league
                    nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big fúck up to the next without
                    even coming up for air, and today is just the big, fúck off cherry on
                    top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes
                    down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and
                    frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has
                    some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shít, haven’t we boys,
                    but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s fúcking
                    black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

Comment

Working...
                    X