• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chips Away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chips Away

Anyone used these idiots ? I got a pretty deep stone chip in my car a couple of weeks ago, which has taken a chunk out of the paint out.

So I phone Chips Away to come and take, well the chip away, and they said the job is too small and they didn't want to do it. Oh, and that was 4 days after the chap decided that he wanted to actually respond to my phone call(s) anyway.

How crap is that, or is it just me ?

I've heard good things and bad things. It's a franchise, so the experience is totally dependant on who happened to buy the franchise in your area.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Anyone used these idiots ? I got a pretty deep stone chip in my car a couple of weeks ago, which has taken a chunk out of the paint out.

So I phone Chips Away to come and take, well the chip away, and they said the job is too small and they didn't want to do it. Oh, and that was 4 days after the chap decided that he wanted to actually respond to my phone call(s) anyway.

How crap is that, or is it just me ?
      How big does the chip have to be?

"Nah mate, drop a grand piano on it, then we might be interested..."

Comment

Working...
      X