• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "final debate thread" -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "final debate thread" -

Last edited by scooterscot; 29 April 2010, 20:52.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Hardworking families
    Fairness
    My plan

Take out self-interested public sector people and really .... who the hell would want GB to run anything ? I'm not fan of the other pair but dead eyes is faker than that 8 quid Rolex I just picked up in Bangkok.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
      Take out self-interested public sector people and really .... who the hell would want GB to run anything ? I'm not fan of the other pair but dead eyes is faker than that 8 quid Rolex I just picked up in Bangkok.
      Did he really say that "once you have built new schools and hospitals then that is the end of the capital spending so frees up resources for other spending"?

Do you think he has forgotten how he has procured those new schools and hospitals over the last decade?

What a dishonest piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Did he really say that "once you have built new schools and hospitals then that is the end of the capital spending so frees up resources for other spending"?

Do you think he has forgotten how he has procured those new schools and hospitals over the last decade?

What a dishonest piece of crap.
        To be fair, he really doesn't seem to understand that it has to be paid for at some point, and putting it off still means you have to pay interest until you do pay it off.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

grinning like a goon
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Cleggy is in cloud cuckoo land bless him
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Clegg: We need to tax the profits of banks.

WTF ? How much money have the banks via taxation poured into the Exchequer since Big Bang ?

Max bonus 2500 sterling ? Combined with 50% tax and all the rest of it.. no wonder the big players are getting talking more seriously about re-locating to Asian financial hubs / Switzerland/ Frankfurt.

Cripple the City and who is going to pay for everything he wants to spend money on ? 300,000 'skilled' workers. A good proportion of them mobile enough to change country. Bye Bye income tax revenue too.

Do people buy this crap ?

Fook. I've been reading the history of Singapore. For all his flaws Lee Kuan Yew should have been running the show here. Look what he did from a low base.

Comment

more and more tax from all of them, don't they know the harder you squeeze the less you get!

surprised at no bigot jokes yet...
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

"We want 100% superfast broadband coverage"

so we can you

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
                    Clegg: We need to tax the profits of banks.

WTF ? How much money have the banks via taxation poured into the Exchequer since Big Bang ?

Max bonus 2500 sterling ? Combined with 50% tax and all the rest of it.. no wonder the big players are getting talking more seriously about re-locating to Asian financial hubs / Switzerland/ Frankfurt.
                    If the bankers can hold us to ransom repeatedly by threatening to decamp every time we talk of curbing their excesses, I for one would like to call their bluff. And if it's not a bluff, so be it. We should not be bought and sold by moneylenders.

Comment

Working...
                    X