• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was this government the worst in UK history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this government the worst in UK history?

See poll
    Yes
    58.97%
    No
    28.21%
    AndyW
    12.82%

History will not be kind to Blair and the New Labour regime, & Brown is just the dying embers of a busted Government.

I suspect the people will just carry on regardless as long as there's footy on the telly and a new page 3 girl everyday rather than hold the perpetrators who have bought his country to its knees accountable
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So why did you lot let them remain in power for so long?

I told everyone that they were a load of frackers in '97 and it would all end in tears, but you wouldn't listen. So I fracked off out of it in 2001 and only come back to take advantage of 'free' health care (I've paid enough in the past, now I'm collecting).

You've only got yourselves to blame. You've had plenty of chances to get rid of them.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It was for me, YMMV
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          History will not be kind to Blair and the New Labour regime, & Brown is just the dying embers of a busted Government.

I suspect the people will just carry on regardless as long as there's footy on the telly and a new page 3 girl everyday rather than hold the perpetrators who have bought his country to its knees accountable
          In a perverse way I wouldn't lose sleep over Labour staying in power, even if propper up by Libdems, in the sense that I will gain a lot of pleasure seeing the Labour politicians take the full brunt of the public protest about the cuts they have to make because THEY messed up the economy.

Comment

How can we give a genuine answer to this when we only know the governements in our memory and even that is scratchy going back to the last change of power. Sounds more like a witch hunt to me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              How can we give a genuine answer to this when we only know the governements in our memory and even that is scratchy going back to the last change of power. Sounds more like a witch hunt to me.
              There's been at least one Union leader who says they're the worst government he can remember.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                See poll
                I think the worst is yet to come....
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  How can we give a genuine answer to this when we only know the governements in our memory
                  well, you could read a book
                  but you do make a very good point. I am fed up of people on the radio saying "Is this going to be like 79 or 92?" because even our professional pundits are too small minded to consider whether it might be more like 1857 or 1931.

Comment

The next one will be the worst.

Comment

Working...
                    X