• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comics from our youth...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comics from our youth...

OK, when I was a kid, I read "Warlord", "Bullet" and 2000 A.D.

What did you read?

BTW, when I say I was a kid, I mean younger than 0x0d

Peter Flint: "Eat lead, Fritz!"
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

2000AD was class - Strontium Dog et al...

Which one had 'Charlies War' in it... 'Battle'?
      Last edited by mcquiggd; 13 January 2006, 18:28.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        2000AD was class - Strontium Dog et al...
        My mum liked tweek!
        He looked like an ant eater on two legs!!!

Must've been his tongue...

Comment

2000AD was class. Some of the greatest comic book creations of all time.

Nemesis, Strontium Dogs, DR and Quinch, Rogue Trooper, Ballad of Halo Jones, NBC Warriors. I'll stop now before I look even more geeky than I do already

Went a bit pants at the end before they started doing the Megazine thing though.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Call those comics??? Beano was the best back then. Read it recently (there's a cafe bar in the city that has it along with the papers) and it's crap.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              Call those comics??? Beano was the best back then. Read it recently (there's a cafe bar in the city that has it along with the papers) and it's crap.
              Oi Xog, it always was.

OK, starter for 10, what was the title of the 2000A.D story about WW 2 vampires...

Comment

Ah yes, and they were referred to as 'Djin'... something to do with Romanians fighting alongisde the Germans, but a German soldier and chums tried to kill them with silver bullets....
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Mmmm, in order I think it went something like:

The Dandy
                  Whizzer & Chips
                  Warlord
                  Commando
                  Starlord
                  Doctor Who Weekly

Now Starlord was a fantastic comic. Better than 2000AD I thought and I was gutted when it merged with 2000AD and vanished. That's where Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters first appeared if I recall.

Comment

Fiends of the Eastern Front
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X