• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asia/Singapore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asia/Singapore

After returning from an extended trip in Asia decided had enough of this country/continent (well actually knew for a long time had enough but now no longer have personal reasons keep me here).

So decided within the next 12 months to try to get out and remember reading that a few people are or were out Singapore way and looking for some generic info.

*Is there a viable contracting market or will it be most likely permie work?
    *Are technical roles (developer) in demand (sharepoint/silverlight/wpf/c#/asp.net)?
    *Do they pay decent vs cost of living? (aka will I be undercut left right and centre by Indians living 6-8 to a 2 bedroom flat working for peanuts?)
    *Is it a generally a 5 or 7 day working work there?
    *is it a good place to be?

Main reason currently looking at Singapore is looking for a location in Asia that has the roles combined with good hub for traveling around Asia, if anyone has better alternative I am “all ears”

Do you have finance/banking background, or something that might be valuable in the Singapore market?

Unless you have some value add, as a pure techy you will be undercut by locals/indians etc. Its not like programming is a niche skills anymore. Ten a penny.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

"Had" a financials background, unfortunately left that area 6 years ago, so if they are anything like here might as well never have had it

Comment

Working...
      X