• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gays at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gays at work

What is your "experience" of gays at work?

One place I used work, this g(u|a)y came to work in sequined cowboy shirt with tassels on, during a permie dressdown day. I had to take a sick day as I couldn't stop laughing.

I am not bothered by high camp antics, as long as they don't they "don't shove it down peoples throats" !

Me thinks he protests too much...

Comment

I want a gay friend - someone I can listen to Lady Gaga with, watch Glee & who will pluck my eyebrows.

Anyone know where I can get one?

Comment

I remember one guy who came into work on monday and announced he had a great weekend as his "ars* was still bleeding" ... no one knew what to say or where to look, but he just carried on as normal ...

The gay yank across the other side of the office is annoying because of his silly loud voice, but apart from that couldn't care less.

Comment

Bleeding Arse

He may have been on a curry weekend to Bradford :-)

"Gay Yank" there has to be a double entendre in there somewhere !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            I remember one guy who came into work on monday and announced he had a great weekend as his "ars* was still bleeding" ... no one knew what to say or where to look, but he just carried on as normal ...
            Maybe he'd been on a stag do to Dublin? A heavy night out mixing Guinness and Bulmers can do that to you.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Keep getting loads of erotic dreams recently. One the other night was definitely, ahem...
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's loads. Anyone who has a penguin at the desk is the sign of an absolute screaming poofter.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by orac View Post
                  What is your "experience" of gays at work?

One place I used work, this g(u|a)y came to work in sequined cowboy shirt with tassels on, during a permie dressdown day. I had to take a sick day as I couldn't stop laughing.

I am not bothered by high camp antics, as long as they don't they "don't shove it down peoples throats" !
                  I posted on this before but I'll repeat anyway. At my last client co I got moved a couple of weeks in to sit opposite a village people clone with a Tee Shirt with Gaycoders.com emblazoned across it. Couple of days later his shirt informed me to "Watch out, I've got my Gaydar on!". Didn't really bother me too much; he wasn't one of those bitchy queeny types of gay people - they can be quite nasty. I'm thinking people in the mould of the likes of Boy George/Pete Burns etc.

Comment

My first job, nearly 20 years ago, we had a Tights and Ties day to raise money for Children in Need, or Comic Relief, or something. The idea was for men to wear really bad ties (I chose one that was identical to the one the network manager wore daily - oops), and the women to wear garish tights. The IT director (gay, though you wouldn't guess it) came in wearing a tie that looked like a dead cat. In the afternoon, he did a walk around, and I commented on his great bad tie. He said "The tie's fine - it's the bloody tights that are so ....ing itchy"

On another time, the support team went out for drinks, and he went along. At the bar, my colleague Rob makes the order - "So that's 5 pints of Best, 2 white wines and... an orange juice!? Orange juice? Who's having the poofs drink?". Head of IT says calmly - "That'll be mine, Rob".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X