• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Guardian abandons the Labour Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guardian abandons the Labour Party

The Guardian are now saying that voting Liberal Democrat is the way to go.
    General election 2010: The liberal moment has come | Comment is free | The Guardian

I don't actually know that the Guardian was always pro-Labour, I just always assumed that it was.

But assuming it was, with Gordon Brown insulting his core voters and the liberal-minded middle-class urban professionals that Tony Blair did so much to win over being pointed at the LibDems, could this be the end of the Labour Party?

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    General election 2010: The liberal moment has come | Comment is free | The Guardian

I don't actually know that the Guardian was always pro-Labour, I just always assumed that it was.

But assuming it was, with Gordon Brown insulting his core voters and the liberal-minded middle-class urban professionals that Tony Blair did so much to win over being pointed at the LibDems, could this be the end of the Labour Party?
    No they are neck and neck with Liberals so not yet.

However, when the Lib/LAb alliance assumes power that could be dangerous for both parties.
    The bickering and fighting in hung parliaments does not favour the alliance parties and this time there
    is the desperate financial situation as well.

I'm almost tempted to have a punt against sterling...

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Did the Guardian really support Labour in the last election? I thought they went Lib Dem, after the Iraq war, but it could just be my bad memory
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Did the Guardian really support Labour in the last election? I thought they went Lib Dem, after the Iraq war, but it could just be my bad memory
        I believe they did, as did the Times whch has also deserted them this time.

Comment

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

OMG !

Pour yourself a drink and amuse yourself with the comment section.

Delusional doesn't cover it. These self-described progressives/liberals (I hate the hijacking of these words) are a bunch of loony tune air-headed retards.

Comedy gold / scary if these are genuine thoughts.

I see the Guardian's readership has fallen to 300,000. Losing its relevance. Maybe relocation to an Athens suburb would be a smart business move.
            Last edited by LegendsWear7; 1 May 2010, 16:18. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
              OMG !

Delusional doesn't cover it. These self-described progressives/liberals (I hate the hijacking of these words) are a bunch of loony tune air-headed retards.

I see the Guardian's readership has fallen to 300,000. Losing its relevance. Maybe relocation to an Athens suburb would be a smart business move.
              Welcome to one part of the next Liberal - Labour government.

Plus Ca Change, Plus C'est Le Meme Chose....

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
                Welcome to one part of the next Liberal - Labour government.

Plus Ca Change, Plus C'est Le Meme Chose....
                Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
                  OMG !

Each one of these Guardian readers I know of are self-hating liberals who have the audacity to accuse other newspapers of being biased, and accuse other newspapers readers of being brainwashed... in particular they hate Daily Mail readers. These liberal retards don't seem to undestand the irony in how they behave, then again it is not the liberal way to look THEMSELVES in the mirror, hence why they also hate Christianity. Also these Guardian readers consider themselves intellectually superior, more clever, than the rest of the population. I had one of these air-heads trying to defend Nick Clegg's ludicrous amnesty for illegals policy this week, says it all really.

Comment

As opposed to you, who simply hates everyone. Very fair of you. And to be fair, most Guardian readers are your intellectual superior. Anyway, all right thinking people (i.e. people who think like I do) hate the daily mail as well.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X