• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone staying up all night on Thursday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone staying up all night on Thursday?

I suspect most (like myself) won't be, as we have a short earning week already.
    But it promises to be quite entertaining. Will the promised Lib Dem emergence really turn up (doubt it)? Which Labour big-hitters will lose their seat (Beckett? Balls?) Will UKIP gain even 1 seat (very much doubt it - BNP has a better chance) How will the Conservatives do in Scotland?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Will it really take all night? I expect I'll stay up until it's known what will happen, maybe all night... but then I'm not working with my on-site client on Friday so I can be pretty flexible and work noon-9pm if I want.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Will it really take all night?
      Stop asking so many questions!

Comment

We will know the 'result' early Friday, but quite what the result will mean is another matter. I don't expect anyone will be visiting Buckingham Palace early Friday morning. That trip will have to wait until all the recounts are done and some agreement is thrashed out.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          I don't expect anyone will be visiting Buckingham Palace early Friday morning.
          Don't be so sure - Her Majesty might fancy using that castle on that particular day

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Will the promised Lib Dem emergence really turn up (doubt it)?

I don't know but this may help...

I'm in my mid 30's and I've never voted before. 12 hours ago I booked my return flight from Germany for May 6th....

If I'm making this much effort???
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I don't know but this may help...

I'm in my mid 30's and I've never voted before. 12 hours ago I booked my return flight from Germany for May 6th....

If I'm making this much effort???
              I'd never go that far for any election.

I'll just listen till around 11 pm and catch the rest next day.

A Labour - Liberal coalition is looking like a sure thing anyway.
              Last edited by Green Mango; 2 May 2010, 13:26.

Comment

I'd like to this time, but thanks to annoyingly getting a short term gig, I can't.

The polls don't close until 10pm; I can't imagine we're going to hear a definitive result in the early hours.

Are there any senior Labour politicians likely to lose their seat? In 1997 I stayed up long enough to see Portillo's face as he lost , and then went to bed happy.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I'd like to this time, but thanks to annoyingly getting a short term gig, I can't.

The polls don't close until 10pm; I can't imagine we're going to hear a definitive result in the early hours.

Are there any senior Labour politicians likely to lose their seat? In 1997 I stayed up long enough to see Portillo's face as he lost , and then went to bed happy.
                  Well I always thought Portillo was the leader that the Tories needed in this their wilderness years, but I admit he was a hard liner at the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the smile wiped of slimey Balls face, but it don't really make that much difference.

Comment

I love election night me. Its great tv.

But, this'll be the first election night in years that I'll have to miss. Got to get up at 5.30 in the morning so its off to bed no later than 10.45.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X