• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plaxo - worth the effort???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plaxo - worth the effort???

I've had a few contacts from various Forums/Networks inviting me to join/link to them via Plaxo.

Is it worth it?
    Is it (just another) LinkedIn type thingy?

Advice/comments welcomed.............

It was a precursor to LinkedIn, and I've got an account but I never look at it. It was a bit more rapacious with wanting (and using) your information as I seem to remember and I was a bit put off by it.

It might be different now, but there aren't as many people using it as there are with LinkedIn.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It was a precursor to LinkedIn, and I've got an account but I never look at it. It was a bit more rapacious with wanting (and using) your information as I seem to remember and I was a bit put off by it.

It might be different now, but there aren't as many people using it as there are with LinkedIn.
      Cheers..... I might give it a miss for now then..... They are all people I am "linked" to in some form or another anyway.......... so no real benefit in "linking" again.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        so no real benefit in "linking" again.......
        If you are looking for a real benefit I'd recommend you to spend less time on CUK and more time on your Plan B.

HTH

Comment

..says the sockie with +18,000 posts to his name...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If you are looking for a real benefit I'd recommend you to spend less time on CUK and more time on your Plan B.

HTH
            AtW
            Total Posts 18,669
            Posts Per Day 10.6

Drewster
            Total Posts 3,678
            Posts Per Day 5.6

<Ahem>

Ooops - Sorry Cojak - you beat me to it!
            Last edited by Drewster; 2 May 2010, 18:29. Reason: Cojak came first!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              ..says the sockie with +18,000 posts to his name...
              That's because I am sharing this login with other users to provide 24/7 cover

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  That's because I am sharing this login with other users to provide 24/7 cover
                  Doesn't that break 'socks' compliance rules?

Comment

Working...
                  X