• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kangaroo Court - Is John Higgins Guilty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kangaroo Court - Is John Higgins Guilty?

In light of Mr Higgins and News of the World tape. Do you believe he was under duress or willing to take a bung!
    Guilty as charged - Greedy Oik!!
    50.00%
    Not Guilty - Under Duress!!
    13.64%
    Not Sure - He had a date with AndyW's mum and wanted to get out early!
    36.36%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Like I said before, if he was in fear for his life what did he think would happen to himself or family when he failed to do as they asked? Or was he going to go through with it under duress? Which still makes him guilty.

Hang him by the balls.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'd like to see more evidence before conviction, but based on only what I've seen so far, guilty. He could for example have been set up not only by the NOTW, but by his manager and others for their gain and foolishly gone along with it rather than actively pursuing events. I'm not overly convinced by his intimidation story though. I believe his trip was paid for (business class) and that 2 other meetings had taken place.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Do you believe he was under duress or willing to take a bung!
        What "duress" exactly was present there?

Maybe they put ice in whiskey?

Comment

Perhaps he meant Ursula was on top and he really said "Under Andress".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            What "duress" exactly was present there?

Maybe they put ice in whiskey?

watched the video,

it doesn't paint a pretty picture

Milan.

Comment

I agree he doesn't look like he is at all scared or worried!

It makes me wonder about Ronnie, he seems to lose too easily or something, his mojo is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                I agree he doesn't look like he is at all scared or worried!

It makes me wonder about Ronnie, he seems to lose too easily or something, his mojo is gone
                Careful, this looks like libel to me, or is it slander?

IINAL
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Could be that Higgins is just an unlucky thin edge of a wedge of rife snooker corruption. What prompted the News of The World to go after him? Perhaps all will be revealed in next week's issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    What prompted the News of The World to go after him?
                    In all probability they tried more than one but he was the highest ranking to have allegedly agreed to take part in this alleged thing...

Comment

Working...
                    X