• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you had to leave the UK what would you miss most?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to leave the UK what would you miss most?

Parks? Greggs? Bacon sandwiches?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Bacon, fried egg, beans sausage and toast
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Real Ale - but I got used to rum in various forms of cocktails, etc.

But I could never get over not being able to get a decent curry.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Bacon, fried egg, beans sausage and toast
        oh yeah, a proper english breakfast with proper sausages... mmmmm

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        I could never get over not being able to get a decent curry.
        another thing high up on the tick list

to the list I'd add "proper Fish n Chips", "Heinz Salad Cream", "proper tasting full fat milk", "BLT's on a thick crusty loaf", "decent live music in bars" and "bbc documentaries"
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Getting glassed in a pub by a bloke who can't tuck his shirt in
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Curry and Guinness (assuming I'm not going to India/Ireland).
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Getting glassed in a pub by a bloke who can't tuck his shirt in
              I used to go into a pub round here that had a regular that looked a lot like that!
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I've not missed a thing.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  I used to go into a pub round here that had a regular that looked a lot like that!
                  I miss:

cornish pasties

fish and chips

steak and kidney pies

etc

Milan.

Comment

Foreign people, speaking foreign languages.

Comment

Working...
                    X