• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XSLT <xsl:variable> Element

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XSLT <xsl:variable> Element

"Definition and Usage

The <xsl:variable> element is used to declare a local or global variable.

Note: The variable is global if it's declared as a top-level element, and local if it's declared within a template.

Note: Once you have set a variable's value, you cannot change or modify that value!"

Source: XSLT <xsl:variable> Element

---------------------------

This is bloody DISfunctional, not functional language!

But you can bind another variable with the same name.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What does this have to do with house prices? Clearly should be in LR.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Clearly should be in LR.

FR

Comment

AtW, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            AtW, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's wrong.
            True, however I'd like to call your attention to a complete and utter failure of functional languages in market space - how many programmers use proper procedural languages and how many use so-called "functional"?

The reality is that these "functional" concepts are too mind-****ed to begin with, and in practical terms they actually make your life hell thus preventing from doing ones job effectively - these languages are disfunctional.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              True, however I'd like to call your attention to a complete and utter failure of functional languages in market space - how many programmers use proper procedural languages and how many use so-called "functional"?

The reality is that these "functional" concepts are too mind-****ed to begin with, and in practical terms they actually make your life hell thus preventing from doing ones job effectively - these languages are disfunctional.
              They're used an awful lot. It's just you don't come across them.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                They're used an awful lot. It's just you don't come across them.
                I'd estimate that less than 1% of total source code written in such "functional" languages.

I'd also estimate that less than 0.00001% of actually valuable software is written in such "functional" languages.

XSLT is probably the only one that sneaked in below radar and I deeply regret the moment I had to use it

Comment

Originally posted by atw View Post
                  xslt is probably the only one that sneaked in below radar and i deeply regret the moment i failed to understand it
                  ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I'd estimate that less than 1% of total source code written in such "functional" languages.

I'd also estimate that less than 0.00001% of actually valuable software is written in such "functional" languages.

XSLT is probably the only one that sneaked in below radar and I deeply regret the moment I had to use it
                    Forth is the language used in most devices in the world...

Most telephone systems either use functional programming or are in a constant state of being debugged.
                    Lots of aerospace, mostly ISVV.

Comment

Working...
                    X