• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling my London flat but how to sell without the use of an estate agent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how to go about it or whether its possible. I guess for security reasons I'll get someone's land line telephone number before they come to inspect my flat for selling.

Any tips ? advice ?

much appreciated.

I don't want estate agents to take their 2% for doing not much. Its 2% of alot of money.

I'm just about to sell my Glasgow flat, I would also be interested in an option that does not involve estate agents...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Came across Hatched the other week.

No experience of their service though.

Comment

I hope you're a good salesman. I hope you are ready to chase and bulltulipe buyers into making offers over-the-odds. I hope you are ready to give the solicitor a good bollocking and chase up the surveyor. I hope you are ready to convince the buyer that the missing gas certificates and service charge capital works are "nothing to worry about". I hope you are ready to close the deal and talk the buyer out of pulling out at the last minute because they have seen a nicer flat.

Good luck!
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          I hope you're a good salesman. I hope you are ready to chase and bulltulipe buyers into making offers over-the-odds. I hope you are ready to give the solicitor a good bollocking and chase up the surveyor. I hope you are ready to convince the buyer that the missing gas certificates and service charge capital works are "nothing to worry about". I hope you are ready to close the deal and talk the buyer out of pulling out at the last minute because they have seen a nicer flat.

Good luck!
          TBH, the way the market is at present, any decent agent should be flexible on commission.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

I'm not sure how to go about it or whether its possible. I guess for security reasons I'll get someone's land line telephone number before they come to inspect my flat for selling.

Any tips ? advice ?

much appreciated.

I don't want estate agents to take their 2% for doing not much. Its 2% of alot of money.

Plenty of websites around that do this - we tried to sell our London pad like this 4 years ago.

After 2 viewings in 2 weeks trying to manage it all around work etc. we gave up and used the local estate agent negotiated @ 1.5%.

They got 30 viewings through the door and within a week it was sold above our asking price. Job done, don't bedgrudge them their slice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              TBH, the way the market is at present, any decent agent should be flexible on commission.
              I'm paying 1.3% +vat at the moment to sell my flat.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I wouldn't begrudge the estate agent their cut. But, from my experience, they vary widely in quality, so pick the best.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just increase the sale price by 2.04081632653061224489795918367% and after the agent takes their 2% you are where you wanted to be.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I'm just about to sell my Glasgow flat, I would also be interested in an option that does not involve estate agents...
                    And i'm buying this month! Are you in G41 (shawalnds is preferred), G11, G12, or maybe merchant city? 1/2 bedroom?

Serious BTW, it's cash offers, so not wanting over priced nonsense. PM ...

Comment

Working...
                    X