• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Icelandic Volcano II - It's back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icelandic Volcano II - It's back!

Irish airspace is shut from 7am to 1pm.

I've just heard the bloke from the Icelandic met service on the radio saying that the Irish were being over optimistic that they would be able to open it again after that. He also said that the ash was heading towards England.

I hope that no-one has any travel plans for the next few days....
    Last edited by Gonzo; 4 May 2010, 07:01.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I hope that no-one has any travel plans for the next few days....
    We'll be fine. They will just rejig the safety levels again to keep (most of) the planes in the air. It is all about bottom line you see.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Ryanair pilots, (who are contractors also) were told this could go on for 6 months or more.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Ryanair pilots, (who are contractors also) were told this could go on for 6 months or more.
        I'm flying with Ryanair early Friday. Girlie wants to cancel
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Sleazyjet tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It'll be a lot more than 6 months if & when that big one goes off.
            when
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Looks like you'll be OK.

Airports are opening again later, ash not as thick as first thought. At least they are not waiting a week to check that detail this time.

Comment

Working...
              X