• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seriously Defeated! - Where was Voodoo, MF, Suity, Ginj-jed and the other Trenchemen.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Defeated! - Where was Voodoo, MF, Suity, Ginj-jed and the other Trenchemen.

...... when I needed them??

Just strolled across to Shezan the local Curry House..... been there before.......
    .....all the "usuals" on the Menu - albeit they come out a little bit "different"......
    .....that aside they normally dish up a healthy measure .

Wander in and sit down.... to be presented with the Standard basket of Popadoms with assorted Pickles (These are free.... you just get them for sitting at the table)...

Quick scan down the Menu and Today I thought I'd give the Tandoori Mixed Grill a chance.....
    So ordered Meat Samosa
    Onion and Tomato Salad
    & a Sweet Lussi....

Would you like any rice or Naan - said the Waiter....
    Mmmmmm - No sauce.... don't think I need Naan....

Samosas come - pretty standard fare... only 4 of them........

Then a Dinner plate with a pyramid of chopped Toms and Onions and some Minty/Yoghurty sauce....

Then the Mixed Grill......... I kid you not - I thought I had ordered the Family Feast by mistake!!!

8 Large King Prawns (we would call them Crevettes or Crayfish)
    4 Lamb Chops
    4 Sheek Kebabs
    2 Drumsticks
    2 Breast/Wing Combos
    plus about 20 odd Chicken Cubes (Shashlick type of thing)
    all on a bed of sliced Onion and piled on a Cast Iron Skillet about an inch thick......

I gave it my best shot (and I am fairly renowned for not being a lightweight in the Troughing department).....
    but I could only force down about 1/2...... and looked at the remains - that would feed my Family for a week!

Asked for the bill and the poor Waiter was beside himself.....
    You not like?? Sorry Sorry..... Me get Manager....

Manager came over and was really apologetic.... Was it too spicy.... Was it not cooked well....
    Took me 10 minutes to explain that it was great (just too 'kin much.......)

Managed to get the Bill (they were still reticent about giving me it).......
    5 SAR (less than a quid) for the Samosas
    10 SAR for the Salad
    and 40 SAR (Less than 8 squid) for the Mixed Grill.......
    Plus 20 SAR for the couple of Lussi....
    Last edited by Drewster; 4 May 2010, 18:04.

Wow that sounds great! I almost wish I was there.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

How much is the Cobra?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        How much is the Cobra?

Heiniken is about 10 SAR a bottle....... but heineken is pish when it has alcohol..... without it

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          How much is the Cobra?
          £1 per metre.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Just strolled across to Shezan the local Curry House..... been there before.......
            .....all the "usuals" on the Menu - albeit they come out a little bit "different"......
            .....that aside they normally dish up a healthy measure .

Wander in and sit down.... to be presented with the Standard basket of Popadoms with assorted Pickles (These are free.... you just get them for sitting at the table)...

Quick scan down the Menu and Today I thought I'd give the Tandoori Mixed Grill a chance.....
            So ordered Meat Samosa
            Onion and Tomato Salad
            & a Sweet Lussi....

Would you like any rice or Naan - said the Waiter....
            Mmmmmm - No sauce.... don't think I need Naan....

Samosas come - pretty standard fare... only 4 of them........

Then a Dinner plate with a pyramid of chopped Toms and Onions and some Minty/Yoghurty sauce....

Then the Mixed Grill......... I kid you not - I thought I had ordered the Family Feast by mistake!!!

8 Large King Prawns (we would call them Crevettes or Crayfish)
            4 Lamb Chops
            4 Sheek Kebabs
            2 Drumsticks
            2 Breast/Wing Combos
            plus about 20 odd Chicken Cubes (Shashlick type of thing)
            all on a bed of sliced Onion and piled on a Cast Iron Skillet about an inch thick......

I gave it my best shot (and I am fairly renowned for not being a lightweight in the Troughing department).....
            but I could only force down about 1/2...... and looked at the remains - that would feed my Family for a week!

Asked for the bill and the poor Waiter was beside himself.....
            You not like?? Sorry Sorry..... Me get Manager....

Manager came over and was really apologetic.... Was it too spicy.... Was it not cooked well....
            Took me 10 minutes to explain that it was great (just too 'kin much.......)

Managed to get the Bill (they were still reticent about giving me it).......
            5 SAR (less than a quid) for the Samosas
            10 SAR for the Salad
            and 40 SAR (Less than 8 squid) for the Mixed Grill.......
            Plus 20 SAR for the couple of Lussi....
            Let us know when you are back in blighty and we can all go for a curry, sounds like there's some real storys to be told.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Let us know when you are back in blighty and we can all go for a curry, sounds like there's some real storys to be told.
              Same meal in Blighty. Four hundred quid and food poisoning! Nice
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Sat at the next table waiting for you to finish your starter.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Same meal in Blighty. Four hundred quid and food poisoning! Nice
                  Aye, we is tough on this 'ere island

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Sat at the next table waiting for you to finish your starter.

Comment

Working...
                    X