• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halogen floodlamps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halogen floodlamps

Bulb went in one of these last week, so I sauntered down to the garage with a screwdriver & new bulb to change it.

Ha! I should cocoa!

Insert screwdriver into head of crosshead screw & it immediately rounds off.

Totally fecked.

So after a week of WD40, it finally unscrewed with the aid of a pair of pliers.

Crap chinese screws I suspect... it now has a nice new slot which will no doubt rust in no time at all.

So let me get this right; you were screwing away with the lights out, when suddenly your head came off, and you were totally f*cked. You applied some lubricant and managed to remove your tool from the socket. But then you say that that the screw was from china and you made a new a new slot ?

Comment

reserved to the left receipt this chain; They had kissed distant
      separated with the lights to the external part, when its title kept
      liberations without the receipt requested and was f*cked completely.
      They would be applied to lubricate and handhad surely he, the end to
      deduce its subsidy of the hinge. But then you he say that this screw
      wine of China and you he still gave to shutdowns the other way around
      a new furrow?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Plus Gas?

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...cat=Lubricants

Much better than WD40...although I would have thought nothing would prevent the galvanic action you have encountered...its all due to disimilar metals getting wet and producing a small electric current.....allegedly.

MTB

Comment

Working...
        X