• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Prawn That Cried "Wolf!" - an Aesop Special

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prawn That Cried "Wolf!" - an Aesop Special

DimPrawn 2010

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    WHS.

Plain vanilla, no colours, flashing things, easy on the eye font.

If you want more eyes on the forum it needs to look like we are all staring at notepad, not facetwitter.

Till then, I ain't coming back and I suspect loads of others won't be either.

DimPrawn 2005

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    light blue text on a slightly lighter blue background.

Acres of blue/grey bits and bobs that distract the eye.

It's fecking horrible.

I don't think I'll be visiting CUK much.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    DimPrawn 2010

DimPrawn 2005

I think I can sum up thoughts on the new forum.

It's tulipe!

And FFS get rid of that flashing bastard football!

Comment

There's a chap around here that logs in as Parasol - I'd complain to him if I were you...

Go straight to the horse's arse, as it were...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        There's a chap around here that logs in as Parasol - I'd complain to him if I were you...

Thanks.

What are the rules on offensive PMs?
        (For "offensive" read - "Mildly chastising and constructive" but bare in mind my usual MO)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Thanks.

What are the rules on offensive PMs?
          (For "offensive" read - "Mildly chastising and constructive" but bare in mind my usual MO)
          Oh no - I wouldn't do a PM (other than to alert him to your "Your campaign's rubbish" post).

I'd let everyone have their say - it might carry more weight...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

This is the chap Churchill

Steven@Parasol

He PM'd me last week because he thought I had results on the Parasol Poll I put up a couple of weeks ago and he was looking for feedback to go back to the ad agency with. I told him to search the boards for comments.

Drop him a line directly if you want to make sure he gets it.

MF
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Try it. if we get a complaint that it was offensive, we'll have a look, and if we think the complaint has substance, we'll let you know.

But using the PMs in an abusive fashion is a no no.

I did tell Square One once that I hated their hold music. It got changed.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

'NoScript' Firefox plugin and/or an ad-blocker will transform this site.

Nick has coded the site so that it works well without Javascript being enabled.

However I don't like the look of the new forum as it clearly lacks input from a design person - this is not Nick's fault as he developed to a brief, but Admin should have used a proper design at least.

Comment

Ad Blocker for Firefox works for me - also makes the Telegraph site useable again.

(It was the Telegraph s*ite that prompted the Ad Blocker install - in an Epic Fail, the banner advert boasting how fast Google Chrome is slowed my netbook to a complete stop)

Comment

I don't like new forum still, but getting used to it (fixing icon box was good thing) - so don't get yer hopes high - I'll still be posting on here...

Comment

Working...
                    X