• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Undecided voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undecided voters

I hear that there are more undecided voters at this point in the election campaign than ever before but is this really the case?

I suspect that it is more likely that people do not want to admit that they have made the decision given the lack of affirmation that they will receive having made it in the face of the uninspiring options that they are being given.

If I am right, the election will be more decisive than predicted but is it the case that it is the Labour voters who are going to vote Labour and don't want to admit it, or more people are going to hold their nose and vote Conservative to be shot of Gordon Brown?

EDIT: I should add that I don't think Lib Dem voters would be embarrassed about owning up to it which is why I have not included them in the question.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 5 May 2010, 06:32.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I hear that there are more undecided voters at this point in the election campaign than ever before but is this really the case?

I suspect that it is more likely that people do not want to admit that they have made the decision given the lack of affirmation that they will receive having made it in the face of the uninspiring options that they are being given.

If I am right, the election will be more decisive than predicted but is it the case that it is the Labour voters who are going to vote Labour and don't want to admit it, or more people are going to hold their nose and vote Conservative to be shot of Gordon Brown?

EDIT: I should add that I don't think Lib Dem voters would be embarrassed about owning up to it which is why I have not included them in the question.
    It's a two horse race in our neck of the woods. I'm undecided as to whether to bother voting.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

It's a two horse race in our neck of the woods. I'm undecided as to whether to bother voting.
      I'd have thought a two-horse race would be an extra incentive to vote, unless of course you don't support either of the nags.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I've just been listening t'wireless.

Looks like the BBC want a hung parliament.

Whereas I would rather hang the current parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I've just been listening t'wireless.

Looks like the BBC want a hung parliament.

Whereas I would rather hang the current parliament.
          Stephen Fry yesterday:

But my heart always sinks when I get a tediously clichaic tweet saying ‘Bloody hell Stephen, don’t you know they’re all the same?’ or ’Hung parliament? Yes, they should be! Hahahahahahahah!!!!!’

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            Do you think I give a flying tulip about what that pompous fairy thinks?

Comment

Do you think I give a flying tulip about what that pompous fairy thinks?
              From the same blog:

I also find (and I know how much some of you will groan at this) that I worry how much crucial strides in my lifetime towards gay rights would be threatened under the Tories. This article interested and alarmed me greatly. Plenty of you will think that is just bloody typical of faggoty Fry and that I should put my sexual nature behind me when voting. I would happily do so if I didn’t believe that too many Tories are not prepared to offer me the same courtesy but will toil sedulously to make life more difficult for gay people. Work I’ve done for Stonewall and others has shown me that the bullying, suicide and homophobia that still exists in the world today is not something to be taken lightly. Picture your son or daughter, brother or sister being victimised, taunted and threatened in the playground and street and tell me that it’s all just ‘political correctness’.

Comment

I've decided not to vote. Frankly all of the parties are exactly the same, and regardless of who wins the country's f**ked.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  From the same blog:
                  And?

Reading that tulipe doesn't make you a closet intellectual, in fact it probably means you're an intellectual in the closet.

Comment

And?

Reading that tulipe doesn't make you a closet intellectual, in fact it probably means you're an intellectual in the closet.
                    What it means is that people like you are openly willing to discriminate against other people simply because of their sexual nature. It also means, just think of yourself in a world in which most men preferred other men and only a small minority (including you and me, as it happens) liked to, whisper it, do it with ladies. Now imagine that there were laws which prevented us from following our natural preferences. Imagine we were told that we were sick and perverted because we like girls instead of boys. Imagine getting followed from the pub by a group of lads and their laughing boyfriends and then being beaten up just because you were walking along the road with your girlfriend.

Or imagine one of your children being in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X