• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stopped going to ClientCo Offices!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped going to ClientCo Offices!

This contract is panning out to be an odd one. Just got a two month extension. Havent delivered anything as such yet apart from a complex gap analysis.

Been allowed to become the 'SME' on an area of clientco's business with no shadowing from any permies. Though the plan is to handover to them at some point.

Clientco manager is working abroad and havent seen or reviewed progress on work for two weeks. So phoned him at 7am to ask when he's back and set up a meeting.

'Maybe Friday, maybe next week' was his reply.

'Ok, I'll just carry on working through the project plan then(which I designed and hasnt been reviewed by anyone on your mission critical project)'

'Great!, see you at some point!!!!' was his reply

Only went to the office twice last week, not planning to go anywhere near it this week!!!

I have had hands off contracts before(and they did specifically ask for someone to work unsupervised) but!! Thats a little odd isnt it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I've been trying to get to ClientCo's office for months. First time - snow at LHR. Second time - volcanic ash. ... third (tomorrow) volcanic ash. For some reason, the Icelandic govt don't want me to go to the UK.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Havent delivered anything as such yet
      For some reason this does not suprise me one bit - I reckon you'd struggle to deliver even if were a pizza boy or milkman.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        For some reason this does not suprise me one bit - I reckon you'd struggle to deliver even if were a pizza boy or milkman.
        I've got a knuckle sandwich here Alexei! Where do you want it delivered????
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Neanderthal Knuckle Dragger View Post
          Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You know our address - leave it at the security desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help!

F1! F1!

Comment

Working...
              X