• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO : Anyone at Parasol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO : Anyone at Parasol

RE: Your current advertising campaign - aka "The annoying flashing football"

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly, thank you for your economic support of the CUK forum.

I fully understand that in the current economic climate new and innovative approaches are required to “get your corporate message across” and to attract new business. However, your current advertising message does have a tendency to annoy. In fact, it gets right on my norks!

Yours faithfully,

Churchill
    (The Dog, not the fat, dead ex-Prime Minister.)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I really like your advertisement!

I would suggest some alternates that arrive every so often, for variety: could we have rugby balls and tennis balls, squash balls, cricket balls, etc.?

In fact, anything that gets right on churchill's norks!

Yours faithfully,

threaded
    (The one and only, well apart from the others.)
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by churchill View Post
      re: Your current advertising campaign - aka "the annoying flashing football"
      ... It gets right on my moobs!

ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would suggest some alternates that arrive every so often, for variety: could we have rugby balls and tennis balls, squash balls, cricket balls, etc.?

Yours faithfully,

threaded
        Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        ftfy
        Thanks girls!

Comment

I know I'm fick 'n all dat, but what is this football?

I have some old toot about clarity or clear sky flashing about in the top right corner but since I have to scroll down so much to get to the content it disappears (which also shows how stupid the layout is).
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

People without ad-blocking software get an annoying flashing football advert (apparently). Try disabling your ad-blocking software to have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              People without ad-blocking software get an annoying flashing football advert (apparently). Try disabling your ad-blocking software to have a look.
              If your connection is routed via another country then you just see a simple add no flashing ball.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours faithfully,

threaded
                I'm not convinced that reference to goals, and the slogan "we get a kick out of helping you succeed" works well with tennis balls, squash balls etc.

Either way I'm with Churchill on this one the ads are annoying and probably counter-productive.
                Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I was asked by my time sheet signer what football site I was reading...
                  I've avoided CUK during the day since then and will probably continue to avoid it untill the ads change to something more subtle
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

FAO: Anyone at Parasol

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

I fully understand that in the current economic climate new and innovative approaches are required to “get your corporate message across” and to attract new business. However, your current advertising message does have a tendency to annoy. In fact, it gets right on my norks!

Yours faithfully,

Churchill
                    (The Dog, not the fat, dead ex-Prime Minister.)

Dear Churchill et al.

We’re actually very flattered to be generating so much debate but I did think it was worth replying, just to answer a few of your points.

I work in ClearSky’s marketing team and the reason we advertise on Contractor UK is because it is the most influential and authoritative forum available to contractors in the UK and, although we are aware some of you have found the football ad to be a bit distracting, we have seen a very large number of contractors finding it genuinely useful and clicking on the ad to request additional information on operating as a limited company and about ClearSky Accounting. We have to balance this with some of the negative feedback that is appearing here. I would repeat the advice a number of posters have submitted here on blocking the ads if you don’t like them or they’re not relevant to you.

In the spirit of making our marketing less annoying though, please let me know how often you’d like to see the ads refreshed. And if you work in graphic design and want to suggest what our next campaign should look like, we’d love to hear from you. We promise to use any good ideas or at least put the funny ones on our blog.

We do know that the line “We get a kick out of helping you succeed” is a bit cheesy but it’s a direct quote from our MD who genuinely does get excited when he sees long term clients achieve their ambitions like buying a second home. Sad but true.

I’m more than happy for any of you to get in touch with any feedback you might have on this ad or anything else. It all helps and you can PM here or email me at [email protected]

Steven

Comment

Working...
                    X