• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Assorted power adapters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assorted power adapters

Having a general tidy up and now have a collection of thirty two power adapters / transformers or whatever they're called. Some I can match up to kit I'm using (mobile phone, hub, musical kit), but the vast majority I've got no idea and there's nothing to identify what they belong to.

Other than old mobiles where the manufacturer's name appears on the transformer the rest appear to be generic so no hope of figuring it out without resorting to plugging in randomly to see what works with what and risk destroying something.

Car boot sale? Bin them all and start again?
    Me, me, me...

Option 2 gets my vote.......

Unless you can be arsed to spend £20 odd on a Boot Sale.... to stand about for hours..... to have loads of Techno Nerds examining them minutely:
    <Nasal Voice1> "Unnng I dooooo believe that is a Nokia 4721a Model 4.1.6 charger manufactured in the Chow Ling Factory by Wun Haung Loow........ Got it!!"
    <Nasal Voice2> Ooooooo No I don't THINK so.... I think you will FIND that it is the MUCH rarer 4.1.6.3 that was made in the Dog Sick Factory by Lee Buk Suk for a period of 6 months starting in October 1985"
    Clipphead: Do you want to buy it?
    <NV2> Oooooooo No I've got 4 of THEM already......."

<Apologies to NF, GAL and anyother Techno Nerds........ without Nasal Voices ;-) >

Comment

Take half the adapters and put a sticker with your name on them, leave the other half unmarked.

Take them to various clients and plug them in.

Do a statistical analysis on disappearance rates.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Have you considered webuyanyassortedpoweradapters.com
        If not just put them all in a box under the stairs for 6 months. In that time you will have worked out what useful pieces of equipment you own that don't seem to have adapters, and fished them out of said box. Anything still unused by Xmas, just bin!

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
        X