• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Union; your thoughts please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Union; your thoughts please

Congregation, what's your opinion on the EU?

Should Britain be in or out?

Reasons?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Reasons?
    In!

No barriers - free movement of money, goods, people. All good.

Political, economic and currency union? No. A bad idea with such a diverse range of people.

Comment

Reasons?
      I say OUT. Nobody is going to stop trading with us just because we have chosen not to slavishly follow rules dreamt up by EU career politicos. Plus we could then apply the same points scoring rules to immigration across the board. And I doubt anyone but the Frogs will get too miffed in light of the problems that some of those tied to the Euro are currently experiencing.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I say OUT. Nobody is going to stop trading with us just because we have chosen not to slavishly follow rules dreamt up by EU career politicos. Plus we could then apply the same points scoring rules to immigration across the board. And I doubt anyone but the Frogs will get too miffed in light of the problems that some of those tied to the Euro are currently experiencing.
        But then British expats living in Europe who don't meet the points requirements of other EU countries could be forced to return to the UK, and those who do will stay away.

Comment

Reasons?
          Out. I'm a paid up member of UKIP.

The EU is bad, bad, bad. Unelected, corrupt, expensive and unaccountable.

We need to regain control of our own destiny, of our own borders and do what's best for the people of this country. Our sovereignty was given away without our consent, in my view a treasonable offence.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

But then British expats living in Europe who don't meet the points requirements of other EU countries could be forced to return to the UK, and those who do will stay away.
            Many of those who do are staying away in any case. Besides, what calibre of numpty cannot pass Johnny Foreigners points requirements?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Out. I'm a paid up member of UKIP.

The EU is bad, bad, bad. Unelected, corrupt, expensive and unaccountable.

We need to regain control of our own destiny, of our own borders and do what's best for the people of this country. Our sovereignty was given away without our consent, in my view a treasonable offence.
              Do you think that a free trade zone covering all of western Europe is a bad idea? Or is it the political EU that you oppose?

Since when does Britain no longer control its own borders?

Comment

Since when does Britain no longer control its own borders?
                May 1997

HTH

Comment

Many of those who do are staying away in any case. Besides, what calibre of numpty cannot pass Johnny Foreigners points requirements?
                  Oooh, I think you'd find a few hundred thousand chavs returning from Spain and some junkies being chucked out of Holland.

Comment

May 1997

HTH
                    Explain please.

Last time I looked Britain still had border controls. Whether they work is a different matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X