• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Background Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Check

I've just been offered a role at a bank and told that I will be contacted later by somebody to do the background check - what's involved with that? I have no CCJ's or anything but I'm carrying a bit of cc debt at the moment!

Is that going to reflect badly

Oh 12m contract by the way on the best rate I've ever had @JPM
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

They will ask you to provide them with a list of online forums on which you are active.

On the basis of your posts they will make final determination about suitability of your character for their role.

Good luck.

Allegedly

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I've just been offered a role at a bank and told that I will be contacted later by somebody to do the background check - what's involved with that? I have no CCJ's or anything but I'm carrying a bit of cc debt at the moment!

Is that going to reflect badly

Oh 12m contract by the way on the best rate I've ever had @JPM
      Cograts on the new contract and you are now Godlike I see. Just tell that to the guy who calls, I am sure it will be fine

The call might be a more tailored version of Disclosure Scotland.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

It will be one of the outsource companies who contact you with a big long form about your best friend at Primary school...

FSA Regulated screening and background checks for those within the Financial Services sector from Eurocom C.I. gives you an idea.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X