• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Scientist changes his mind on the cause of climate change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Scientist changes his mind on the cause of climate change

In 2005 someone asked Dr Pielke

Is Most Of The Observed Warming Over The Last 50 Years Likely To Have Been Due To The Increase In Greenhouse Gas Concentrations”?

...and he replied

Yes.

He's now changed his mind and revised his answer to the question and says

No.

Just as an aside...no he isn't a right wing nutter, and has been debating on his blog with Keith Trenberth, about the missing heat, it seems the two are actually friends, or at least on very good terms.

Update To Andy Revkin’s Question In 2005: “Is Most Of The Observed Warming Over The Last 50 Years Likely To Have Been Due To The Increase In Greenhouse Gas Concentrations

Not my words

If you disagree take it up with him.

<Quickly runs out of the forum>
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Not my words

If you disagree take it up with him.

<Quickly runs out of the forum>
    Don't worry about it Blaster. I think we have convinced most of the rational thinkers on here. And it would be frivolous, time-consuming, and ultimately pointless to try and shine the light of knowledge into the darkest depths of sasguru's miniscule brain. Let us leave him in his blissful ignorance, toiling away with his flawed modelling, searching for hockeystick enlightenment.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      ...let us leave him in his blissful ignorance, toiling away with his pot noodles, flawed modelling, searching for hockeystick enlightenment.
      ftfy
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ah the village idiots have been let out for the day.
        Carry on gurning and drooling chaps - but do remember the stupid bus comes to collect you sharp at 5.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ah the village idiots have been let out for the day.
          Carry on gurning and drooling chaps - but do remember the stupid bus comes to collect you sharp at 5.
          Talking of hot air!!

Thought you were on gardening leave sg? Ought to be right up your street...........mixing with the other plant life!
          Just don't challenge them to Trivial Pursuits..........they will bury you!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The 2010 answer to the question by Andy Revkin

“Is most of the observed warming over the last 50 years likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations”?

remains NO.

The added greenhouse gases from human activity clearly have a role in increasing the heat content of the climate system from what it otherwise would be. However, there are other equally or even more important significant human climate forcings, as I summarized in my 2005 post and in the 2009 article
            Man who believed in man-made global warming still believes in man-made global warming shocker!

Comment

Working...
            X