• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

21st century voting system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21st century voting system

It's 2010 and we still go in, stand in a not-very-private booth and put our pencil X in a box. Someone then has to physically unfold and count them. It doesn't seem very efficient. Surely it's a candidate for computerisation. It's not exactly rocket science. I could knock it together in an afternoon...

Quiet.

A much more modern version would be to put a chip into head of every citizen (no chip - no vote) and let them vote on all sort of issues every evening after Question Time.

Arsenture can allegedly implement it in 50 years for just £500 bln.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      It's 2010 and we still go in, stand in a not-very-private booth and put our pencil X in a box. Someone then has to physically unfold and count them. It doesn't seem very efficient. Surely it's a candidate for computerisation. It's not exactly rocket science. I could knock it together in an afternoon...
      This is done to choose a Government. Efficiency is not very high on the list of priorities. Besides, where is the fun in computerising it all?
      No, it is all just a part of an anachronistic system that includes all sort of other extraneous nonsense like trips to see the Queen. Pomp, Pageantry, Pathetic. What we do best. The result is a side issue really.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

California voting machine security tests uncover serious vulnerabilities

Comment

The 'security' at my polling station is me walking in, no ID, giving the lady my name and her ticking me off on a list. The 'counting' of my vote relies on human integrity. I think I can better that in my afternoon's development.

Comment

And before tea time I'll have it electing 'threaded's anarchist party' by a land slide.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Quiet.

A much more modern version would be to put a chip into head of every citizen (no chip - no vote) and let them vote on all sort of issues every evening after Question Time.

Arsenture can allegedly implement it in 50 years for just £500 bln.
              Would the chip have a built in alcohol sensor? I don't think people should be allowed to vote on critical issues after 8pm due to likely blurring of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                And before tea time I'll have it electing 'threaded's anarchist party' by a land slide.
                This Party of yours.................where can I get a butchers at the Manifesto?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sometimes a pencil really is the right tool for the job.
                  (Yes I am the man who once canned the development of a project team wiki and bought them a blackboard instead)

Comment

Would the chip have a built in alcohol sensor? I don't think people should be allowed to vote on critical issues after 8pm due to likely blurring of reason.
                    You can't vote while drunk it appears....

Look --> Linky
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X