• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Volunteering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteering

Can anyone recommend any good volunteering opportunities? Either general sectors or specific organisations.

Did a solid six months of volunteering for an arts organisation two years ago. Was fun but a bit cliquey and political so decided to leave that.

Fancy doing some good works again. Got some information through from The Samaritans. Might give that a try.

Any others?

You are on the wrong site mate, most people on here wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You could volunteer to pay all my bills for the next 6 months, save me going to Walsall....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        You are on the wrong site mate, most people on here wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire
        he's not wrong there

Comment

Depends on the daily rate.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I am not sure if you're just taking the piss out of all of the conservative voting fraternity on here. Or it's some kind of reverse manoeuvre to wind up the labourites.

But anyway, I'll bite.

Go here: Do-it - Volunteering made easy

If you haven't already found it on google. If you want to volunteer for anything related to vulnerable people or kids your CRB check may take at least 3 months. I did some research before I actually got a job.

Comment

LOL.

Brilliant post from the OP!

"Err I was thinking of giving my time to work with children in Africa who have Aids. Should I give my time as a LTD or Umbrella????"
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X