• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New lease of life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lease of life?

Those who've met me (Spring Bash), or looked at the pics on the website or Facebook will no doubt have formed the correct impression that I'm a fat knackered old bastard. Chucked the cigs two and a half months ago and started an exercise and diet programme that's starting to show results.

Can't be arsed running round a track or competing with steroid munchers and lycra queens in a gym so do some hill walking instead. After a couple of weeks doing the big hills (Munros - over 3000ft), and smaller hills daily I'm now completely addicted and can't get enough. Weight's coming down and full of energy which is a complete surprise, feeling great and if I have a beer or three I feel like I've earned it.

Carry on.
    Me, me, me...

Nice one!

Feeling great and finding something that you actually enjoy doing is what it's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      Nice one!

Feeling great and finding something that you actually enjoy doing is what it's all about.
      Well done.

You're still an old bastard though!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I really let myself go in the last year or so and piled on a few stone, lost 2 since the start of the year and hope to get another 1 off in the next few weeks. Running about 40 miles a week again. Used to run more than double that.

Shawlands to Carmunnock is a killer I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You're still an old fat bastard though!
          That was my move MF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            That was my move MF!!!
            You were always slow off the mark Comrade! Thats was why we always had the best potatoes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Thats was why we always had the best potatoes!!!
              Yeah, that's the massive insult that floored me dead - try harder next time potato muncher whilst I enjoy my caviar sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yeah, that's the massive insult that floored me dead - try harder next time potato muncher whilst I enjoy my cods roe sandwich
                FTFY bedsit boy.

Comment

Working...
                X