• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the chances of...........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the chances of...........

.........The Tories doing a deal with the Lib Dems where they agree that a joint Chancellorship of Osbourne/Cable outline fiscal policy? Any chance of that working at all? I know the current Voting system unfairly penalises the Lib Dems more than anyone else, but it has not exactly helped the Tories as much as NL either. Surely something could be done that both of those Parties can agree to with regards to electoral reform, and in doing so cut NL right out of the loop for the foreseeable?
    What does the panel think?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    .........The Tories doing a deal with the Lib Dems where they agree that a joint Chancellorship of Osbourne/Cable outline fiscal policy? Any chance of that working at all? I know the current Voting system unfairly penalises the Lib Dems more than anyone else, but it has not exactly helped the Tories as much as NL either. Surely something could be done that both of those Parties can agree to with regards to electoral reform, and in doing so cut NL right out of the loop for the foreseeable?
    Relax.

These decisions are not yours to make so sit back and don't start to worry about them again until Sunday.

Comment

Bet you £5 it's sorted today.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Bet you £5 it's sorted today.
        I'll take some of that....... £5 its not sorted today.......

Comment

How do we define 'sorted'? Agreement in principle on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            How do we define 'sorted'? Agreement in principle on TV?
            Lets say - (Joint) Public Announcement......
            Two (or more) Parties say "We will form next Govt and go to see Liz on "dd/mm/yy"
            (Not verbatim - the gist will do)

or (all/most) News Channels announce it as "fact" not "rumour"

Hows that?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Joint chancellor won't work - Ashcroft wouldn't stand for it for a starter. The policies are too far apart for them to work closely together, but that's not to say having Osbourne as chancellor (shudder) and being told that he has to adopt some LD policies.

If it's ConLib coalition, then Conservatives will have to offer a referendum on PR, but with the proviso that they can campaign against it. Whether Cameron would be able to get that past the 1922 Committee is a completely different matter, though.

I'd bet on a minority government with some agreement, rather than a formal coalition - there's not enough votes to get a majority coalition going really. Unless it's going to be LabSNDLibPCGreenUDP, but I can't see that working somehow.
              If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

It is easy to forget that Osborne was the only one to lay the real state of the economy on the line at the autumn conferences, and warn of cuts. He started low, but he went up in my estimation then.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  Unless it's going to be LabSNDLibPCGreenUDP, but I can't see that working somehow.
                  You're right there. Nobody would stand up for long with that many chips on their shoulders.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Lets say - (Joint) Public Announcement......
                    Two (or more) Parties say "We will form next Govt and go to see Liz on "dd/mm/yy"
                    (Not verbatim - the gist will do)

or (all/most) News Channels announce it as "fact" not "rumour"

Hows that?
                    Let's decide tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X