• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Libdems are a waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libdems are a waste of time

Wel well well. I predicted the Libdem surge was a fantasy and on the night they flopped. The facebook Clegg groupies have gone very quiet.

Unfortunately, Tories didn't take enough of their seats to win outright. Now we are subjected to a nauseating series of negotiations with very unsatisfactory outcomes such as:

1. Brown staying as PM in a Lab/Lib agreement
    2. Tories watering down their agenda just because of Libdems

This situation is precisely why we must not have proportional representation as we will find the country continually held to ransome by the Lib dem buffoons, with THEM choosing the government despite only 50 seats.

I am very, very frustrated.

On the bright side, it must destroy the Libdem voters deep inside that Clegg is giving Cameron first chance at an agreement. A Con/Lib govt would go down like a lead balloon with many Libdem voters. Although it could mean that after they get their agreed programme done, Cons could call election, blame Libdem for not being able to continue and assassinate Libdems at the polls.

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    Yes, we know that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wel well well. I predicted the Libdem surge was a fantasy and on the night they flopped. The facebook Clegg groupies have gone very quiet.

Unfortunately, Tories didn't take enough of their seats to win outright. Now we are subjected to a nauseating series of negotiations with very unsatisfactory outcomes such as:

1. Brown staying as PM in a Lab/Lib agreement

This situation is precisely why we must not have proportional representation as we will find the country continually held to ransome by the Lib dem buffoons, with THEM choosing the government despite only 50 seats.

On the bright side, it must destroy the Libdem voters deep inside that Clegg is giving Cameron first chance at an agreement. A Con/Lib govt would go down like a lead balloon with many Libdem voters. Although it could mean that after they get their agreed programme done, Cons could call election, blame Libdem for not being able to continue and assassinate Libdems at the polls.
      We've noticed.

This should help.

Comment

Yes, they've got massive AGENDA with that MASSIVE 1% NI cut - that will make MASSIVE difference, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          We've noticed.

This should help.
          This forum is weird.

Comment

To alleviate your frustration, I suggest you go and post rude messages on your (ex-)friends' facebook pages (like they did with you!)

Comment

This forum is weird.
              You've noticed...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yes, they've got massive AGENDA with that MASSIVE 1% NI cut - that will make MASSIVE difference, ffs.
                Libdems will obviously not agree to huge cuts in public spending. This could finish them off forever as their supporters are mostly communist types who read Guardian working in non-jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  To alleviate your frustration, I suggest you go and post rude messages on your (ex-)friends' facebook pages (like they did with you!)

I'm better than their student politics low standards. Was obvious to me that Labour would not do as bad as the opinion polls showed. Obviously people were too ashamed to admit they vote Labour to the pollsters.

Comment

Was obvious to me that Labour would not do as bad as the opinion polls showed.
                    Oh yeah, they really pulled a rabbit out of the hat!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X