• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you mix politics and religion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mix politics and religion?

Personally nothing I despise more than people who mix politics and religion.
    Neo-con christians Rock!
    13.33%
    I'm Conservative but can't abide religion
    20.00%
    I can't abide Politics or Religion
    26.67%
    AndyW is losing his religion
    40.00%
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Why?

All the PMs and party leaders pretend to be or are Christian.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Why?

All the PMs and party leaders pretend to be or are Christian.
      Because they know a lot of idiots confuse the two (see Barrack Obama adopting religion to get the votes). Intolerance (or formulating Policy) based on Hocus Pocus has no place in the 21st Century.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 8 May 2010, 16:29.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is the most limited poll ever:
        • Neo-con christians Rock!
        • I'm Conservative but can't abide religion
        • I can't abide Politics or Religion
        • AndyW is losing his religion

No simple yes/no options at all, I don't even know what the reason is for this poll? Discussion on American style 'religious right'?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Plenty of UK religious right, I wonder how many are on this site. Quiet a few I would guess.

Comment

Barrack Obama adopting religion to get the votes
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

"He was baptized at the Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988 and was an active member there for two decades."

That's about 9 years before he joined Senate.

In the USA they are pretty strict when it comes mixing religion and state office - try to do it in state schools and you'll get a kicking: unlike UK they actually got working proper written constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

"He was baptized at the Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988 and was an active member there for two decades."

That's about 9 years before he joined Senate.

In the USA they are pretty strict when it comes mixing religion and state office - try to do it in state schools and you'll get a kicking: unlike UK they actually got working proper written constitution.
              Around the same time he got into politics he adopted religion, 1988 is a little late to get baptised no??? Enough on that though, I'd like to know (from those who think so) why politics and religion is a good thing?

Comment

Around the same time he got into politics he adopted religion
                He was 27 in 1988: I'd say it is his own personal matter if he had chosen to get baptised at that age, so long as he does not force anyone else to do it (which he can't under US constitution) then I don't give a tulip - his decisions in which he does not involve religion (compared to Bush) are by far more important.

I'd probably agree that in USA a person won't be elected President unless they are religious in some sort of way, especially if they run for Republicans, but I don't think in this case he could conceivably expect to be in the race in 1988.

Comment

Plenty of UK religious right, I wonder how many are on this site. Quiet a few I would guess.
                  I'm a Christian and I would like the Tories to get in. But I don't even know what Religious Right means! Voting for the party whose policies seem to agree with your moral compass is just common sense, no more than anyone (of any or no faith) does if they aren't purely voting for what will bring their own personal gain. So there must be more to it than that. However given that the UK has a small minority of people with genuine (rather than cultural) Christian faith I think politics is very little affected by religion in the UK.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You cannot separate religion and politics. Your statement itself is a political position on religion.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X