• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News of the World - a danger to democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News of the World - a danger to democracy

Sex-offenders register
    Sven
    various other scams
    Isn't it about time that the media in this country were held accountable for their outrageous attempts to stir up trouble?
    Burn their headquarters down, with all the 'journalists' (yeah, right!) locked inside, I say.
    Discuss, abuse chico, whatever....
    Why not?

So long as they report truth its not their fault.

Comment

No, sorry, Alexei, you seem to have misunderstood

Originally posted by AtW
      So long as they report truth its not their fault.
      I was talking about the News of the World.
      Truth! They wouldn't recognise it if it stepped up behind them, put the barrel of an AK47 to their heads and emptied the magazine into them (oh, what a delicious thought)
      Why not?

Comment

If its not truth then they should get sued - if you refer to Sven's comments then he did not deny them, he actually made these comments and it was not under duress - nobody put a gun to his head, he did it volunteraly and good job done by the News of the World who did not spare expense to expose what he really thinks - any high placed figure should know one thing: if they can't repeat publicly what they say privately, then they should not be saying it at all.

Comment

If it wasnt for these scandals, our own rebeccaLoos would not have a moniker. In respect to her at least we should leave the News Of the World alone.

I thank you
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Depends on what you call the truth Alexi.

News being manufactured for the sole reason of increasing sales is not reporting the truth.

This country does need some kind of body that oversee's how the media operates. You cannot have Government policy being dictated by the tabloids (teachers and sex offenders to name one instance).

Mailman

Comment

Alexei

do you believe that england would be able to get a better manager before the World cup starts?
              If yes, then you know nothing about football.
              If no, then you wonder why the Notw are trying to cause strife within the england camp at so late a stage.
              They are not journalists, they're vermin intent on generating headlines with which to sell their scummy little rag and they should be closed down (executed).
              Why not?

Comment

My knowledge of football is very limited even though I was reading about it more and followed news to be up to date. From my limited knowledge it seems to me that Sven is a loser who wants ridiculous salary and basically does not care much about job - he will either win World Cup or lose it, either way he gets paid off big time.

Mourinho shows how things can REALLY be done - now that is a good manager that is worth £5 mln per year, heck, surely England could have afforded good guy like that for £10 mln?

Sven is a tw@t and this interview only proves it - kudos to News of the World for footing the bill of 7-star hotel to prove it yet again.

Comment

Hello Alexei

Originally posted by AtW
                  My knowledge of football is very limited even though I was reading about it more and followed news to be up to date. From my limited knowledge it seems to me that Sven is a loser who wants ridiculous salary and basically does not care much about job - he will either win World Cup or lose it, either way he gets paid off big time.

Mourinho shows how things can REALLY be done - now that is a good manager that is worth £5 mln per year, heck, surely England could have afforded good guy like that for £10 mln?

Sven is a tw@t and this interview only proves it - kudos to News of the World for footing the bill of 7-star hotel to prove it yet again.
                  What ******* chance have England got of hiring Mourinho for the job?
                  None. What other good manager is currently available? None.
                  Sven is (sadly) the best shot england have (or could that be had?) of winning the World cup. In what way does undermining him help their cause?
                  Why not?

Comment

er ...let me think ......big story, sells papers ?
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X