• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have Dundee and Mailman went Milan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have Dundee and Mailman went Milan?

Looks like long abandoned by Milan position of the village idiot was taken by Dundee and Mailman.
    Yes
    30.00%
    No
    10.00%
    I am Dundee or Mailman
    60.00%

I don't understand

what is your implication, Alexei?
    (If this is what happens when I'm nice to people, I think I'll revert!)
    Why not?

Comment

Like a good researcher I am merely trying to establish the truth

Nothing wrong having position of a jester - so long as you actually smarter that those who laugh at you(r jokes).
      Last edited by AtW; 16 January 2006, 13:49.

Comment

Like the news of the world you are merely trying to manufacture the truth

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Like the news of the world you are merely trying to manufacture the truth
          If I asked you whether you considered yourself an idiot and you said Yes, then publishing your words would not be manufacturing truth - I would merely relay your words and let other judge you. I am sure News of the World taped conversation and have prove of their words - not even Sven disputes that his words were "out of context" or any bull like this.

Comment

Alexei, he was set up.

Originally posted by AtW
            If I asked you whether you considered yourself an idiot and you said Yes, then publishing your words would not be manufacturing truth - I would merely relay your words and let other judge you. I am sure News of the World taped conversation and have prove of their words - not even Sven disputes that his words were "out of context" or any bull like this.
            You may not consider that important but if I were to show you a picture of an attractive lady and ask if you thought she was attractive, if you say yes, I then disclose that actually she's only 14 heavily made up to look older, and then run screaming headlines 'Russian paedophile lusts after our schoolchildren'. Hardly true, regardless of whether it's reporting facts or not.
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              You may not consider that important but if I were to show you a picture of an attractive lady and ask if you thought she was attractive, if you say yes, I then disclose that actually she's only 14 heavily made up to look older
              If I upon your disclosed said - "I'd $$$k her anyway", then you'd have reasonable write what you say, but since I'd say - "No fking way I'd touch her with bargepole", you would lie by saying what you say - it all depends on my response, and it would be reasonable to comment based on it.

So its fair play.

Comment

But I wouldn't ask you if you'd **** her

Originally posted by AtW
                If I upon your disclosed said - "I'd $$$k her anyway", then you'd have reasonable write what you say, but since I'd say - "No fking way I'd touch her with bargepole", you would lie by saying what you say - it all depends on my response, and it would be reasonable to comment based on it.

So its fair play.
                after telling you she's 14., that would mean I would have to lie by printing the screaming headline. No, you'd be told after the paper was printed, and if you really complained loud and long and could afford better solicitors than me, then I might print a tiny retraction in small print on page 22, under the personal columns.
                Truth?
                don't make me spit.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

So its fair play.

But if you said the above and they didn't print it ....would you still say fair play??.......Of course you wouldn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    after telling you she's 14., that would mean I would have to lie by printing the screaming headline.
                    And I will sue you to smitherines - and unlike other I won't settle I would insist on having court decision, I will then invest money won in it into making sure that the reporter - you in this case - gets nice treatment of his own - all legal of course, and without any lies.

Comment

Working...
                    X