• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gardening Leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardening Leave

So who has been on gardening leave ?

How does it feel ? How do they keep tabs on how much time you spent in the garden ?

How did you feel about it? Is it like a school boy taking his punishment for being naughty ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

How does it feel ? How do they keep tabs on how much time you spent in the garden ?

How did you feel about it? Is it like a school boy taking his punishment for being naughty ?
    Me... get paid for staying at home while getting ready to start a new role. Whats not to like?

3 months.... loved it
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I had two weeks gardening leave, it was great

Comment

I've spent 1 hour yesterday in my garden and it was

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

My mate got 6 months, spent the whole time tourning south america fully paid.

Comment

7 months gardening leave. Used the time to start my limited and get some contracting experience.
              SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
                7 months gardening leave. Used the time to start my limited and get some contracting experience.
                You got away with that? It was the one stipulation of my leave... under no circumstances could I work for anyone else while I was sitting out my notice.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I had month, complete with company car and petrol card.

I intended to do a tour of Scotland, but the weather that summer was so rubbish that I concentrated on going independent instead.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    You got away with that? It was the one stipulation of my leave... under no circumstances could I work for anyone else while I was sitting out my notice.
                    My mate was told he had to be available at all times to come into the office if required ... I think once you're on leave noone really cares what you do, as long as you're not working for a rival.

Comment

Working...
                    X