• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

FTSE Surges.

Why the bail-out rally might be short-lived - MoneyWeek

BT job cuts tally to hit 35,000 - report | Reuters

BT had said it would cut 15,000 jobs in the year to April, on top of 15,000 jobs cut the year before. In fact, it has cut a total of 35,000 jobs over the length of its turnaround effort.

The paper, quoting no sources, said the company's finance director is aiming for at least a further 5,000 job cuts this year.

BBC News - RBS planning to cut 2,600 UK jobs

Royal Bank of Scotland has said it is to cut a further 2,600 UK jobs over the next year.

Most of the losses are in its insurance division, with 600 posts going at the head office of its retail banking arm.

The bank has been trying to cut costs since the massive government bail-out to save it from collapse in 2007, which left RBS 84%-owned by the taxpayer.

It had already announced almost 20,000 job losses across its business worldwide since the bail-out.

Kraft job losses possible in UK head office move from Cheltenham - Marketing news - Marketing magazine

LONDON - Kraft has not ruled out further UK job cuts as it announces the proposed transfer of its 450 Cheltenham-based employees into Cadbury's Uxbridge and Bournville head offices.

Etc etc.

Welcome to the jobless recovery.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Welcome to the jobless recovery.
    Are you out of a job yet?

I was considering inviting you for an interview, but your negative attitude is a bit of a put off - plus you'll probably waste most of your time posting tulip on CUK using your multiple sockies

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Are you out of a job yet?

I was considering inviting you for an interview, but your negative attitude is a bit of a put off - plus you'll probably waste most of your time posting tulip on CUK using your multiple sockies
      I'll send my favourite sockie, sasguru.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'll send my favourite sockie, sasguru.
        I'd rather get banned on here than interview it

Comment

what if you two are the same person, that would make me laugh

Comment

If the FTSE had followed all its CUK predictions over the years it would be at around -25,000 right now.

Comment

House prices are still up though. Boomed. Tomorrow could be fun.

Comment

Working...
              X