• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bye Bye Cameron Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bye Bye Cameron Thread

<<placeholder>>

It won't take long though to be real - Lib-Lab Govt - exactly what Britannia needs right now

I think you are correct AtW.

Dave blew it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I couldn't stand that hideous oik gaining power - it'd be like Boris taking over, but without the comedy value

If the Tories are really keen to form a government, they should throw him out immediately and find somebody from their party who isn't a smug arrogant bastard. Well, find somebody to join their party who isn't a smug arrogant bastard

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        <<placeholder>>

It won't take long though to be real - Lib-Lab Govt - exactly what Britannia needs right now
        Before the election Clegg said he would do a deal with the party who gained the highest number of seats (or something to that effect), so a failure to carry out that promise would make him look a lying toe-rag in the electorate's eyes no?

Not that I think Cameron should form a doomed government with the Liberals. Better would be a failed Lib-Lab pact, bankruptcy and a recession lasting years rather than generations. Then we can try to rebuild from scratch.

Comment

I've always been quite ambivalent towards the liberals.

But they are showing that they are putting their own personal gains above that of the country with the horse trading around electoral reform. I suppose thats what bedwetters do. Say one thing and do the other, while lamenting others.

If Clegg goes back on his word and joins with Labour, there will be another election within 12 months and the liberals will be annihilated. It would take another generation for them to get anywhere near 30 MPs let alone the 50 odd they have now!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I couldn't stand that hideous oik gaining power - it'd be like Boris taking over, but without the comedy value

If the Tories are really keen to form a government, they should throw him out immediately and find somebody from their party who isn't a smug arrogant bastard. Well, find somebody to join their party who isn't a smug arrogant bastard
            Like Liam Fox you mean?

Bloody hell - that'ed do it...

I like Dave, I can't see a problem with him.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

IMO the Liberals are showing a complete lack of integrity in their to-ing and fro-ing.

I'd be pretty pissed off (and slightly more insane) if I'd actually voted Lib-Dem only to see them get into bed with either of the other parties that I didn't vote for.

Disband the Lib-Dems they're not a real party anyway!
              (apologies to "South-Park"...)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Before the election Clegg said he would do a deal with the party who gained the highest number of seats (or something to that effect), so a failure to carry out that promise would make him look a lying toe-rag in the electorate's eyes no?

Not that I think Cameron should form a doomed government with the Liberals. Better would be a failed Lib-Lab pact, bankruptcy and a recession lasting years rather than generations. Then we can try to rebuild from scratch.
                WHS.

I don't think that a Lab/LibDem/Rag-tag government will last more than 9 months..
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If the Tories blow this, the resulting conservative party mayhem will make the siege of Stalingrad look like a kiddies party. The knives will be out for sure.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Like Liam Fox you mean?

Bloody hell - that'ed do it...

I like Dave, I can't see a problem with him.
                    Thats because you haven't analysed every speech he's made in the last 20 years, placed them into alphabetical order, cross checked them for inconsistencies, calculated the average word length over time, spotted slight nuances in prose, corrected every spelling mistake, written to central tory office with link backs and then rewritten them and deployed them using the latest technology but forgetting to check for backward compatiabilities.

Thats why you can't see it
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X