• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those Grumpy programmes....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Grumpy programmes....

I thought these were funny when they first came out & you had the likes of Will Self but the one I watched last night on the 80s just seemed to have those z-list media types who only ever seem to appear on this type of programme and do nothing else but sneer at, frankly, very easy targets whether it's Freddie Starr, Duran Duran or Noel Edomonds.
    There was also some annoying little toerag by the name of Russell Kane who could hardly have even been out of nappies by the time the decade turned but yet filled us all in on how he was there bang on the zeitgheist back in the day. Give me the cheesey celebs of yesterday to this bunch of metrosexual dicks with their heads stuck where the sun doesn't shine anyday!

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I thought these were funny when they first came out & you had the likes of Will Self but the one I watched last night on the 80s just seemed to have those z-list media types who only ever seem to appear on this type of programme and do nothing else but sneer at, frankly, very easy targets whether it's Freddie Starr, Duran Duran or Noel Edomonds.
    There was also some annoying little toerag by the name of Russell Kane who could hardly have even been out of nappies by the time the decade turned but yet filled us all in on how he was there bang on the zeitgheist back in the day. Give me the cheesey celebs of yesterday to this bunch of metrosexual dicks with their heads stuck where the sun doesn't shine anyday!
    Didn't see it, but Russell Kane is good in stand up.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      There was also some annoying little toerag by the name of Russell Kane who could hardly have even been out of nappies by the time the decade turned but yet filled us all in on how he was there bang on the zeitgheist back in the day.
      Not just me then. He was tulip enough to make me check Wiki.

He was born in 1980. Twunt.

Comment

I watched this

It was quite entertaining in a switch your brain of kind of way

But anyway it got me in the missus talking about how do you know what decade you 'grew up' in - e.g. what is the defining factor which says that was your decade.

we came to the conclusion it was when you got your cherry popped and so made the transition from child to adult

which makes me an eighties kid

Comment

Did enjoy the grumpy holidays programme broadcast last night though. Did anyone see it?

Comment

Working...
          X