• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there any difference between Kiwi's and Aussies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any difference between Kiwi's and Aussies?

New Zealander in my office got upset earlier when I was introduced to him and I asked him where about's in Australia was he from.

He let out some whinge about how his accent was completely different to Australia and then went on to absolutely slate them and me for getting his accent wrong.

I left him to it but not before slating his country for the shape of it!

Frankly I find both Aussies and Kiwis incredibly irritating. They are all convicts after all!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Frankly I find both Aussies and Kiwis incredibly irritating. They are all convicts after all!
    You'd fit right in there...

you are just lucky Mordac can't testify...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You'd fit right in there...

you are just lucky Mordac can't testify...

He's well and alive AtW.....

I did have to remove his eyes, fingers, ears and tongue though so he couldn't ever be able to testify.

I have heard that even with those disfigurements he's still a quicker programmer than Churchill though!

Comment

Firstly its either:
        Are there any differences between....
        or
        Is there any difference between....

but aside from that - I think its very similar between many "factions/groups/nations"..... We (outsiders) don't see any difference (or differences) between them... but they do....

eg
        Merseyside and Birkenhead..... to "us" they are all Bloody Scouse Gits....
        Septics and Canadians.....
        Newcastle-ians and Sunderland-ians - Shirley they are all Gobby Geordies?
        Me from Barking/East Ham and someone from Woolwich..... "You" fink we are both either Southern Woofs of Cockerneys.....

I could go on... but for a change I won't (cos my soup is getting cold.....)

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          Firstly its either:
          Are there any differences between....
          or
          Is there any difference between....

but aside from that - I think its very similar between many "factions/groups/nations"..... We (outsiders) don't see any difference (or differences) between them... but they do....

eg
          Merseyside and Birkenhead..... to "us" they are all Bloody Scouse Gits....
          Septics and Canadians.....
          Newcastle-ians and Sunderland-ians - Shirley they are all Gobby Geordies?
          Me from Barking/East Ham and someone from Woolwich..... "You" fink we are both either Southern Woofs of Cockerneys.....

I could go on... but for a change I won't (cos my soup is getting cold.....)
          Enjoy your soup.......I'm just out for a beer

Comment

Kiwis are tulip at cricket. Aussies are alright at cricket.

Oh, and where is OS? The Saffas are also tulip at cricket.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This is such a "bigotted" ( TM) thread.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Enjoy your soup.......I'm just out for a beer
                Enjoy!!!

Oh as an aside.... an Aussie I worked with used "Mappa Tassi" as some sort of 'strine slang for a "Ladies Front Bottom"......

The shape of Tasmania is "supposed" to look a bit like an untrimmed beaver......

Not sure if any Aussies can confirm that the term is in general use???? Perhaps NOB25s new sockie could say??

Comment

I have heard that even with those disfigurements he's still a quicker programmer than Churchill though!
                  He does not mark lamp posts either

Comment

BTW Drewster. Here's the beer I will be drinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X