• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will the cuts start ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the cuts start ?

Now that it is pretty certain Cameron will take charge tonight when can we expect the axe to fall on all the gravy train clingers ?

I want all those 60K+ diversity officers etc out on their arses as soon as possible.

When will the massacre start and who will the first to get the chop ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Maybe he should start by shutting down the DTI (Department of Trade & Industry), which is only kept on to give a cabinet minister a portfolio.

Then throw the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) overboard, and go back to using police solicitors. That would save a fortune.

Reverse all this supreme court nonsense, and sell off the building, and go back to having a judicial committee in the House of Lords.

Then close all these registers that have been sprouting like weeds. (It's not just the Sex Offender's register - I think there are several now, which could all be dealt with by the CRB).

There must be dozens of other quangos and outfits that have accumulated since the 1980s, or even 1997. So why not ditch the lot?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Doctors/dentists will be untouchable I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        When will the massacre start and who will the first to get the chop ?
        Be careful what you ask for - public IT spent is going to be cut: it might spell the end to those £500+ per day consultant jobs...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Be careful what you ask for - public IT spent is going to be cut: it might spell the end to those £500+ per day consultant jobs...
          Bob must be wetting himself with all the new business he is about to get.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Bob must be wetting himself with all the new business he is about to get.
            I think you may find that wholesale projects will be cut (ID cards - Lib Dems hate them) rather than expending valuable time and money on consultants trying to cut costs. That said other projects will probably get just that

Comment

The departments have already been told the cuts are coming this year.

It's all the civil servants s talk about in first class in the morning. (i'm not joking either)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Why would I worry ? Public IT spending should be massively cut so that the IT gravy train freeloaders like Accenture, Logica etc suffer huge losses.

I work on a product that is sold only to private sector and my company wont be affected by any public spending cuts.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

We contractors have been informed that the organisation were we are performing services will no longer be paying for contractors to attend courses. Why they were paying in the first place is a bit of a mystery to me.

Now I've only ever not paid for one course in the last fifteen years of contracting and the one course that was paid for me I did not think very much of anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Why would I worry ? Public IT spending should be massively cut so that the IT gravy train freeloaders like Accenture, Logica etc suffer huge losses..
                    Yes I agree - for those who try to chase IT contractor jobs outside though it will mean that there are lots of other candidates available.

Comment

Working...
                    X