• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What policies will you expect from your Monster Raving Loony MP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What policies will you expect from your Monster Raving Loony MP?

One thing that may not have occurred to the Lib Dems is that if we get true proportional representation the BNP and other far right parties are quite likely to have a few MPS. Will they be so keen on the idea then I wonder?

More interestingly, we might get a Monster Raving Loony MP or two. What a smashing idea! A hung parliament where the leading party was forced to cut a deal with the MRLP and make concessions to their policies. It couldn't be any worse than we have had for the last 11 years.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    One thing that may not have occurred to the Lib Dems is that if we get true proportional representation the BNP and other far right parties are quite likely to have a few MPS.
    And what's the problem with that?

Comment

One thing that may not have occurred to the Lib Dems is that if we get true proportional representation the BNP and other far right parties are quite likely to have a few MPS. Will they be so keen on the idea then I wonder?

More interestingly, we might get a Monster Raving Loony MP or two. What a smashing idea! A hung parliament where the leading party was forced to cut a deal with the MRLP and make concessions to their policies. It couldn't be any worse than we have had for the last 11 years.
      IIRC most MRLP manifesto pledges have actually come about eventually anyway, which is more than can be said about any of the other parties.

So, yes it might be a good idea, a truly progressive government.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Motorway speed limits reduced to 55mph..... oh hang on that was the Greens wasn't it
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

What AtW said.

Some people in this country vote BNP. I think they're a pretty vile party, but those people have a right to a voice and no sane party is ever going to do a deal with them and commit political suicide.

That's actually almost far right in it's wrongness, you're proposing being against PR because it might give minorities in a democracy a say ...
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            IIRC most MRLP manifesto pledges have actually come about eventually anyway,
            IIRC all day pub openings was their idea.

Selling socks in sets of 3 is inspired I think.

Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Manifesto proposals

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              IIRC all day pub openings was their idea.

Selling socks in sets of 3 is inspired I think.

Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Manifesto proposals
              #20 has been law in America for many years. Anyone who has filled a visa waiver will have noticed.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X