• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractors' consortium registration opened....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contractors' consortium registration opened....

pub27.ezboard.com/fcukfrm1.showMessage?topicID=849.topic

ref the post above, you can now register at

www.podsol.co.uk/consortium/

more will be posted on the site soon...

excuse my stupidity, but what is a contractors' consortium?

What is it for?
    What does it do?

As noone wants to hire contractors anymore, who would care that we are all now living inside a database?

Please enlighten me.....

Comment

Dim,
      This wouldn't really interest you. It's for people prepared to get off their arses and make the best of the current market situation.

Comment

Get off my arse! I wouldn't get off my arse for less than £300/hr mate. Top contractor me. Arrogant, lazy, unemployed and constantly moaning. Have I told you how bad IT is lately? Oh, yesterday, lost track of what day it is......

Seriously, I am doing all I can to get work, including a telesales campaign, registering on every job site on the planet, sending out CV/Consultant profile, ringing old contacts at previous clients, so I am not on my arse (well actually I am cos I'm using a computer).

Just wanted to know what the DB is all about, having missed the original posts, discussion etc.

You are an unforgiving soul aren't you?

Comment

re: contractors' consortium registration opened....

Good site ScotsPine and well designed. I thought it could do with more background information, how it all works and any news etc. but good all the same. I've registered but am currently in contract so will update when the time arises.

Best of luck with it.

Alex

Comment

Re: re: contractors' consortium registration opened....

thanks for the +ve feedback....nobody is quite sure at the moment how it's all going to operate. it is work in progress and i'm sure that if it grows, then operating procedures and structures will evolve. hopefully, the site will become more active and things will take off from there.

dimprawn, the site is a response to the wish for several contractors to form, at least initially, a loose sort of confederation that can be used to target/bid for tenders/contracts in direct competition to other consultancies/body shops. it is as mentioned above, without structure at the present time although hopefully that will emerge through time. just now, it is a zero risk venture that is incurring no real overhead on anybody's part that might just succeed.
            to get involved, simply register on the site and state your availability for any projects that are won.

EDIT:having said all that, i get the feeling that we are all waiting for mark to take the lead

Comment

Point Taken

I have been swamped the last week or so, but should have more time this week.

Comment

no point intended, i was just underlining that the initiative is really yours...

Comment

Right then!!

So, the DB is up, we've added a bunch of details... what's the next move (aside from getting more details on board!) ??

Seems to me that the posts about this idea have been a little distributed... I'm not entirely sure if I've read all the details... maybe we need a site or a forum or something where people who are on the consortium registry can see the whole battle plan etc...

No??

Comment

Oooops.. *slaps head*

Maybe I should have clicked on that link on the consortium website that said "Forum" first before posting that last item...

:rolleyes

-----------------------------