• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Server time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server time

At the third stroke it will be 04:26:00 BST exactly.

pip pip pip

So that is now five minutes fast. When the new forum was launched I am sure that it was only three minutes fast.

Maybe I am being a bit too anal but I do think such discrepancies cast doubt on the integrity of the entire infrastructure.

In addition, how on earth is Alexei going to get the last post of the year?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 12 May 2010, 03:34. Reason: Comments on the time added

Yep, I'd noticed that it's now five minutes out. For various reasons to do with vBulletin changing the underlying requirements for the forum software, admin had to shift everything across to a different server. Perhaps the NTP daemon isn't running on this one.

OTOH, I believe the forums now have more of a server to themselves than they had before

Comment

I think they should look at the NTP, but with a twist: have it a little random around the correct time.

It'll drive AtW wild.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        I think they should look at the NTP, but with a twist: have it a little random around the correct time.

It'll drive AtW wild.
        Oi Threaded, nip into the future and ensure that AtW doesn't die in a horrific Squirrel attack...

Comment

Working...
        X