• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Bus Journey Last Night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bus Journey Last Night

Train was late last night so I missed my bus back to the station & had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. To curb my frustration at this, I decided to go off and get a pint of ale and a takeaway kebab to eat on the bus journey home. Anyway, about 10 minutes into said bus journey, the driver pulled over into a lay-by, got out his seat marched doewn the aisle opening all the sky lights as he went. He then demanded to know who was eating food on his bus!! He quickly spotted me with a half eaten shish kebab and chips on my lap and told my to get rid of it or get off the bus as it was not permitted to eat food on board. I have to say, i was completely incredulous - I've been on train journeys all over the world where the eating of food has been an integral part of the trip - not only the eating of it but also the selling of it and the cooking of it. We really need to get back to a bit of live and let live in this country. Hopefully now that David Cameron is in power.....

Incidentally, I got off, such was my outrage, and after sticking my thumb out for 10 minutes or so was picked up by a nice gentleman with a "James last Appreciation Society" sticker on his back window.

This message is hidden because gricerboy is on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      This message is hidden because gricerboy is on your ignore list.
      WHS.

I think it's SASGURU.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Train was late last night so I missed my bus back to the station & had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. To curb my frustration at this, I decided to go off and get a pint of ale and a takeaway kebab to eat on the bus journey home. Anyway, about 10 minutes into said bus journey, the driver pulled over into a lay-by, got out his seat marched doewn the aisle opening all the sky lights as he went. He then demanded to know who was eating food on his bus!! He quickly spotted me with a half eaten shish kebab and chips on my lap and told my to get rid of it or get off the bus as it was not permitted to eat food on board. I have to say, i was completely incredulous - I've been on train journeys all over the world where the eating of food has been an integral part of the trip - not only the eating of it but also the selling of it and the cooking of it. We really need to get back to a bit of live and let live in this country. Hopefully now that David Cameron is in power.....

Incidentally, I got off, such was my outrage, and after sticking my thumb out for 10 minutes or so was picked up by a nice gentleman with a "James last Appreciation Society" sticker on his back window.
        It is the norm in this country and most other countries that food is not consumed on local busses. On long distance buses it is at the discretion of the operators. I agree with the driver; who wants to travel on a bus smelling of food with yoghurt and salad spilled on the floor?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          It is the norm in this country and most other countries that food is not consumed on local busses. On long distance buses it is at the discretion of the operators. I agree with the driver; who wants to travel on a bus smelling of food with yoghurt and salad spilled on the floor?
          Disagree. We always used to do it and nobody complained; nowadays people complain about everything and IMO the comcept of one's own personal space is getting out of hand. Yes, sometimes I don't like the smell of food on a bus or train but you have to live and let live.

Comment

People did complain about it, and finally something was done about it. Try it in some cities on the continent and you'll get a instant fine.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dull sockie, or actual dull person? Dunno what's worse. Stop with the public transport twaddle, please.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Dull sockie, or actual dull person? Dunno what's worse. Stop with the public transport twaddle, please.
                If you actually check my rather limited posting history you will quickly ascertain that only 3 of my posts have been public transport related. In the others, I have addressed a range of issues including politics and television so I find your criticism a little harsh.

Comment

If you actually check my rather limited posting history you will quickly ascertain that only 3 of my posts have been public transport related. In the others, I have addressed a range of issues including politics and television so I find your criticism a little harsh.
                  3 out of 20 is too high a ratio IMHO...
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    3 out of 20 is too high a ratio IMHO...
                    If you Googled Gricer, perhaps you'd understand.

Comment

Working...
                    X