• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don’t Insure with Swindleton.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local insurance broker used to be efficient and fair. One phone call and my insurance would be sorted. Two years ago it was taken over by Swindleton.

The first thing that I noticed was an administration fee on top the insurance premium. The second was when I wanted to change vehicles, Swindleton wanted to charge another £50 administration fee to amend the policy or change insurance companies. It worked out cheaper for me to insure elsewhere and let the old policy run out.

If you cancel the policy before the end date, the administration charge can exceed the refund of the unused portion from the Insurance Company and you will end up owing Swindleton money when you cancel a policy. This has happened to a number of people I know.

These charges are made by Swindleton and not on behalf of the insurance company.

I have halved my cost by moving away from Swindleton.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Strange how the OFT hasn't complained about those fees being "unfair". Sympathies though. I wonder why they charge £50 for some phone monkey to press a few keys. The real cost can't be more than £1.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Sorry, but I could have told you this more than 20 years ago.

They also stiff their franchisees big style.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X