• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done to the electorate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done to the electorate

We didnt want an outright Conservative win. Too much baggage from the expenses row, too many right wing policies, and possibly an unnecassarily draconian response to the financial problems that we face. We didnt want another incompetent labour party that had (once again) almost bankcrupted the country, wasted vast amounts of taxpayers money, dodgy war, more poor etc etc. So we have a government with a left wing (albeit one that is too snobby to bring itself to vote labour) arm that appeals to the broader electorate, a party that is actually made up of luvvie or alternative conservatives with a "caring badge of honour" pinned to their lapel.

From the Tory point of view there is a lot in common between the parties to deal with the problems of the country. The party of economic competence and wealth creation are back in power, supported by a conscientious left. This coalition has pulled the rug from under the left.

The elctorate have been spot on with this and I for one am very pleased with the outcome of the elction.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    We didnt want an outright Conservative win. Too much baggage from the expenses row, too many right wing policies, and possibly an unnecassarily draconian response to the financial problems that we face. We didnt want another incompetent labour party that had (once again) almost bankcrupted the country, wasted vast amounts of taxpayers money, dodgy war, more poor etc etc. So we have a government with a left wing (albeit one that is too snobby to bring itself to vote labour) arm that appeals to the broader electorate, a party that is actually made up of luvvie or alternative conservatives with a "caring badge of honour" pinned to their lapel.

From the Tory point of view there is a lot in common between the parties to deal with the problems of the country. The party of economic competence and wealth creation are back in power, supported by a conscientious left. This coalition has pulled the rug from under the left.

The elctorate have been spot on with this and I for one am very pleased with the outcome of the elction.
    <Grimace on> I agree with the agent <grimace off>
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

It does look as if they've taken the best policies and people of both parties. Europe will probably be their biggest test and possible undoing, unless the Euro collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It does look as if they've taken the best policies and people of both parties. Europe will probably be their biggest test and possible undoing, unless the Euro collapses.

I quite agree. The Tories will fight further integration and new laws from Europe but at least they wont be saddled with the stigma of being aligned with dodgy right wing groups. Joining the Euro is dead in the water so it could actually help them in Europe.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          <Grimace on> I agree with the agent <grimace off>

Comment

Originally posted by dodgyagent View Post

the elctorate have been spot on with this and i for one am very pleased with the outcome of the elction.
            whs
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Spot on DA
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                whs
                +1

Gawd - are we all closet agents?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                  +1

Gawd - are we all closet agents?
                  Dodgy - take hope, this brief interlude of being nice to you will not last.

Agency Scum HTH
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I wonder if Lib Dem voters feel the same -

Got an email from my mum saying how disappointed she was that she'd voted Lib Dem to keep the Tories out, and they'd helped them get in. If there's lots like her, there may be a swing back to labour next time. Mind you, this was the same email that she told me she'd put ear drops in her eye, so maybe she's not representative of the population at large...

Comment

Working...
                    X